Otter Auger Shield

• brian_j

After special ordering a 8″ auger shield for the ATV monster box I found out they do not make an 8″. Only the 10″ which is what showed up and what I have now. I thought that was weird since they make the standard (non designed for the otter ATV box) in both 8 and 10″.

Does anyone know if you can just get the standard shield and rivet on the mounting bracket for the ATV box? PLUS the standard shield is half the price of the ATV box shield.

Thanks

JoeMX1825
    MN

strange, I thought the Monster box accessories were simply mounting brackets that attach to the normal Otter Rod case & Auger Shield? That’s a joke if they are separate..

brian_j

I believe the rod case is the same – then you buy a bracket that rivets to it. Why they didn’t make the auger shield the same way I do not know – maybe it has something to do with the curved mounting surface.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

I believe the rod case is the same – then you buy a bracket that rivets to it. Why they didn’t make the auger shield the same way I do not know – maybe it has something to do with the curved mounting surface.

Rod case has the bracket already attached when you purchase that model. When I asked Troy about just getting the attachment shield at the Ice Show, he said it was a common request and something they would be seriously considering in the future.

brian_j

Who is Troy?

So there’s a rod case and then there’s a rod case for the ATV box?

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

National Sales Manager/V.P. Sales or some such at Otter if I remember correctly. And yes, there would appear to be two rod cases. One is already set up for use with the Monster Box’s accessory slide and the other is plain.

JoeMX1825
    MN

That’s pretty dumb, they should have just made a screw on bracket that would then fit the monster box vs having a completely separate product…

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

I probably wasn’t clear, it looked like it was the same product but it already had the MB slide thingie attached.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Quote:

So there’s a rod case and then there’s a rod case for the ATV box?

I bought a new one thinking that the bracket would be with it and I was wrong.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.