Replacing my lowrance h20 handheld

• Loeverson
    Minneapolis

My lowrance h20 color went down and I am looking to replace with a new hand held to use ice fishing. I have the lake master micro card, will mainly be used in Minn. advise on replacement.

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

Lowrance safari has given me very good results not sure if lake master chip will work I have Navionic

dld24

My garmin Oregon 450 has been awesome….$199 on ebay

jasonlem
    New Prague

To bad the h2o was the best on the market, not sure why they discontinued, when mine goes I’ll get a Garmin. Lowrance has urine poor customer service.

Jim Kissinger
    Markesan WI

jason really can you tell us how you really feel I had to go there lol

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I liked my iFinder H20C with the Navionics card, but I wanted a better GPS receiver and the ability to zoom in closer to pinpoint objects I have marked. So I got a Endura Safari thinking it would be an upgrade. NOT! It does have a better GPS receiver and I can zoom in closer. But it’s not nearly as functional as the iFinder.
    I had to convert my waypoints and trails from the USR format of the Lowrance LCX units to GPX, which probably applies to all the new GPS units. But it works and I have the data transferred to the Endura. It was not initially designed to support Navionics cards – They added a separate Navionics Viewer tool you can use to view the map. But when in the viewer you cannot see or create waypoints and trails (Ugh!). You must be on the main (base) GPS map to have waypoint and trail functionality. I doubt it supports any Lakemaster maps but don’t know for sure.
    The base map is very basic but there’s website you can get terrain maps to load (for a fee) but I don’t think those have decent lake maps. Oh, everytime you enter the Navionics viewer tool, it is zoomed out to the world view and you have to zoom way in – it doesn’t remember your zoom level from the last time you were in the viewer. That’s a hassle.
    Waypoint and trail operations are very basic, not as nice as the iFinder or LCX units so that’s another hassle since I use trails a lot to outline the edge of flats.
    The Endura (I think) was primarily designed for hiking and geo-caching with little thought to what a fisherman would want. It’s a big step backwards from the iFinder.
    So overall I’ll use my Endura but it’s more hassle than it should be.

John S.

hawkeyes

Had my h2o for 3 years didnt use it for 2 years and it would not find my position. Called lowrance which they told me it would cost $140 to download some software. I dont use it just use my navionics app on my smartphone. Anyone else have a problem like this?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.