What will be the new “innovation” next year?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m looking at upgrading my current Wild 1 flip over to a Otter Thermal cabin style house. Does anybody know/guess what new features will be out for next year’s model? Just wondering if I should nab a left over this spring or wait for next year model?

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I can’t believe no one puts an ipod dock or just a radio receiver on a Marcum or an Otter. Be nice to listen to the game while fishing. Wouldn’t add any weight and would be a fun addition.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

I can’t believe no one puts an ipod dock or just a radio receiver on a Marcum or an Otter. Be nice to listen to the game while fishing. Wouldn’t add any weight and would be a fun addition.

The iPhone/iPad dock would be great, it could get power from the 12V battery, have a built in GPS in the phone. HHHMMMM sounds like a nice little invention. I might have to try and convert the dock that I use in my truck!!! 12V cig adapter wired to the battery and mounted in the flip over shack

JoeMX1825
    MN

I just keep 2 small unpowered speakers in the mesh pocket of my flip over and plug a small fm stereo in, simple and easy…

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

The spring time is the right time to buy new ice gear. Very smart to capitalize on those deals.
    As far as “new” ideas, IMHO its not very often that one comes along that actually changes the game. Most are marketing gimmicks to sell more product.

BMarshall17

There’s always going to be something small that they change every year, but with how far they pushed it this year with the full thermal, I doubt there will be any changes that will be worth the extra money. Go with the deal! Always! Unless of course you got the money to blow… Then I would buy a new one every year!! ha

castle-rock-clown

My vote would be for a hovercraft with a thermal flip over canopy, through the floor augering/ fishing capabilities, heated seats, sat tv, fish sonar/camera/gps. grill and wet bar. All for under $1000.00 (inc tax, title, and licence)

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

My vote would be for a hovercraft with a thermal flip over canopy, through the floor augering/ fishing capabilities, heated seats, sat tv, fish sonar/camera/gps. grill and wet bar. All for under $1000.00 (inc tax, title, and licence)

Speaking of hovercraft was on the same slab I was this past weekend…bloody awful noisy!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I hope more innovation continues with ice rods and reels. The new in line reels and high end custom rods look great and seemed to be going in the right direction. My hope is that we start to see more mid priced quality rods and tinkering with the in line reels. Would love to see a top mount version of the reel where you are able to thumb the spool for complete drag control.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I still want a locator that doesn’t require the transducer to be in the water. Something that will shoot through air and ice

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sounds cool Randy. Think that model is coming out about the same time lazer powered ice augers are.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Mike, your old enough to have watched star wars….those lazers exist, just someone is holding out on us

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Tricorder. I want to know exactly what is underneath the water for a hundred yards in all directions.

Wont be long before dynamite is a bigger challenge and less of a threat to fish populations.

Seriously I think the next innovations will be a result of battery miniaturization . First portable electric auger came out this year. Soon we’ll see things powered and heated that were never available before. See flashlight post.

ajw

i want a damn dimmer swith or knob to adjust brightness on the flashers……..been saying it for years! I get buggy eyed and almost night blinded staring my lx5 for hours. I suppose you can do this on the lx6 and 7 but im talkin mechanical flasher. Gonna be a long time before i jump to digital platform..just dont trust them yet

shaley
    Milford IA

Dimmer would be mice on the 5’s, Vex has it so why cant the Marcums…Then again bynext season I will be switched to 2 LX-7’s or a 6 and 7 5 will be a loaner….

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

i want a damn dimmer swith or knob to adjust brightness on the flashers……..been saying it for years! I get buggy eyed and almost night blinded staring my lx5 for hours. I suppose you can do this on the lx6 and 7 but im talkin mechanical flasher. Gonna be a long time before i jump to digital platform..just dont trust them yet

Very good comment on the night light/dimmer. I hope they hear. I too will pull the trigger on a digital box here at some point but I’ll let others continue to be beta testers for a while longer it would seem.

Egts

I predict a small portable side imaging unit for ice fishing.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

I predict a small portable side imaging unit for ice fishing.

swing your transducer in the hole. side imaging brought to you by Shane123

Ingy

I’d like to see integrated lighting and wiring built in

munchy71
    Stuart, Iowa

Quote:

swing your transducer in the hole. side imaging brought to you by Shane123

-Munchy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.