Mille lacs questions

• curt66973
    Rochester mn

i am going to lake mille lacs at the end of this month. looking through the internet for a place to rent an ice house for 3 days. any ideas on what i should look for or people you may know? i kinda wana target Pike and Walleye

rdwheeler
    Hudson WI

Eddys is always a decent option, or Myr Mar, Our shack is out of Myr Mar and the people are great and it has a fun little bar. But most of the resorts offer decent shacks. If you want something nicer just search on google. We stayed in a house last year for a bachelor party that slept 18 people, it was like a mansion on ice!

Also if your looking to target pike you might consider bringing a portable and going in a bit shallower. Because most of the shacks are set in a bit deeper of water, but you still have your random pike that will cruise around!

Just my .2 and Good Luck!!

http://eddysresort.com/
    http://www.philsmyrmarmarina.com/rates.html

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

If you see fish suspended chances are they are pike or the pike aren’t to far behind

curt66973
    Rochester mn

cool thanks i have a few that iam looking at just so much to choose from. ill prolly just go out to the deep? say screw it and toss out some tip ups and jig for walleye and hope for a pike

curt66973
    Rochester mn

i thought they would be all over? i wana go after pike but 2 of my buddys want walleyes

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

i thought they would be all over? i wana go after pike but 2 of my buddys want walleyes

You can have your cake (pike) and eat it too (walleye). Have your buddies watch this video. It was filmed last week on Mille Lacs. We caught a nice mix of pike and walleye.

rdwheeler
    Hudson WI

I looked all over for this video!! My dad got into a couple of nice eyes after I forwarded him the fishing report write up. Awesome info!

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

Red Door would be a great option. Fish walleyes in morning/evening out of a nice rental shack and there is a great weedline for fishing pike just South of the resort that would be perfect for running tip ups during the day

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I don’t think Eddys is open for Winter fishing.

curt66973
    Rochester mn

hell ya lol i just saw that video from looking through forums on here. sent you an msg on facebook to =)

cool vid though

curt66973
    Rochester mn

so what would be the best option, ill be renting an ice house somewhere should i just jig out of that and then during the day drive to another area and tip up fish? or should i just set up tip ups in the ice house too?

rdwheeler
    Hudson WI

I guess its been about 7 years since I fished out of Eddys, but I remembered it being an awesome trip. My fault if they don’t offer ice fishing anymore!

I personally love the idea of using the rental shack as a “base camp” and heading out during the day to find the exact structure/ fish your looking for. Navionics will be your friend

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I would set tip ups outside of the house and jig spoons inside and outside, weather permitting.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.