A bad way to Store larva!

• Bryan Myers

Just a reminder to check your pockets. I forgot to check mine for a week or so. I probably should have used a fridge to store them in instead of a warm basement. At least they weren’t minnow heads!

jasono00
    cities

Ya, that always is a bummer to find black waxies/larva in the pockets. Use a bait puck its bigger, and can fit alot of waxies/larva in it. Might not be so easly forgoten about, cause of its size. I always put my bait puck in fridge when i get home, and always have livley bait.

g-no
    Minnesota

x3 on the big bait pucks. I buy larvae in bulk and am able to keep them fairly fresh for up to two months. Fill up smaller bait puck when you head out. Just don’t dump out those black ones in a trash can you won’t take out for a while (as in a heated shed)…you’d be suprised at the size of the flies that can come out of them in January!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sometimes I forget so long that they turn into flies (euorolarvae) and moths (waxworms). I completely miss the pupae stage.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

my ringworms are always ready for action and they dont care how I store them

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

my ringworms are always ready for action and they dont care how I store them

You can get a shot for that Russ.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.