Best Bibs

• nathan_schott
    Cheboygan MI

just pulled out all my gear today and found my bibs…. they look terrible…any advice on just bibs. i just bought a brand new coat from farm and fleet and was excited to see how it would feel with my bibs on and now i need new bibs as well. any good deals…im not looking for walls or carhartt. I liked my carhartt bibs but i get to wet in them. thanks

eyehuntr14
    SE WI

I highly recommend the Columbia Omni Bibs…they’re sweet and you just can’t beat the lifetime warranty!!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

The Snosuit bibs. Just sell the fish house to pay for them because you wont need it any more.

nathan_schott
    Cheboygan MI

I’ve had my eyes on those for a while i just can’t get my wife to let me spend our rent money on them…….. anyone had any luck with the vexilar bibs…….or any others

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

I use my non insulated Cabelas Guide wear bibs for everything. Summer fishing, ice fishing, snowmobiling, building snowmen with the kids, etc. They’re bullet proof and somewhat affordable. 4+ years of abuse and they’re still going strong.

Northeast MPLS

You’d be surprised at the end of the season deals one can find. I scored my snosuit bibs a couple of years ago at the end of the season at a very good price. They are amazing to say the least!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Not sure if they are the best. But as someone who suffers from “getting cold” I can say the Ice Armor Extreme bibs (and coat) are unbelievable. Very very warm and comfortable. I can see how a person would not need a fish house with this new high tech outerwear.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

I have the vexilar bibs and coat. I don’t have any complaints. For the $$ I think they do well.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

i havent used them in the field yet as i just bought them last summer but you cant beat the price on sportsmansguide bibs! I have them in my closet just waiting to try them out and they look to be of very good quality. They are waterproof too. Many good reviews on them

BMarshall17

I would highly suggest the Strikemaster bibs!!! I’ve had mine for 2 years now and if I ever have to buy a new pair (which I probably will not) I would buy the same exact pair! Check them out online, they are $150 and definently comparable to the $350 Snosuit bibs! You do the math… and if you find an event that Skrikemaster is at you might even find them for half off.. I did! CHECK THEM OUT!

nathan_schott
    Cheboygan MI

how do the strikemasters fit. I’m 6′ 250 but its all in my legs. i’ll have to order anything on the internet as there isnt anything near me that will have the bibs for me to try on.

BassinBill
    La Crosse, Wi

I’ll 2nd the Sportsmans Guide bibs. I’m very pleased with mine and you really can’t beat the price

BMarshall17

They are a baggy fit, I am 6’0 180 and wear the XL but could have definently went with just the L. They pretty much just get bigger width wise so they won’t be super long if you go with the XXL which is what I would suggest for you. They also have a ton of adjustability so you can make them fit your needs! If you do like a snug fit though you could do just the XL but it’s always nice to have a little extra room!

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

x2 on the StrikeMaster bibs! I got a complete set from StrikeMaster 3 years ago and have abused them in just about every way a person can. They’ve held up and still look like new. As for the size, you and I are pretty close. I’m 6′ and got you by 10. I’ve got the XXL’s and there’s still enough room to layer under them if you’d need/want to. Take care and tight lines.

CZMark

You will never regret the price you paid for SnoSuit bibs after you have used them on the ice.

mojogunter

I went in to a store looking to buy the Frabil snosuit, and I was told buy one of the owers of the store that he doesn’t wear a snosuit, and that he wears a strikemaster suit. They by the way don’t sell the strikemaster suits. That convinced me to order a new suit from strikemaster. I still have an ice armor suit that is too big for me and I loved that, but I am really happy so far with the SM. You can’t beat the price of it either.

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

If you’re looking for just bibs that are affordable, the black ice armor bibs are the way to go. Used to wear them before I bought an entire suit. They are the same quality as the blue or grey suit, but they just happen to be black and sold separately. Insulated or non-insulated options as well.

NoFish

I use my uninsulated rain bibs. After much trial and error they are my best solution for my style fishing. I move around a lot, so staying dry when drilling holes or wandering around in slush is a must. I used to wear my deer bibs,but I’d get too warm and end up wet with sweat. They also have a full side zip to go on and off easy. If you sit a lot ignore my advice, but even with just jeans on I don’t get cold down to single digits.

nathan_schott
    Cheboygan MI

Arctix Tundra Bibs are non – bulky, yet pack warm 120 gram ThermaTechâ„¢ insulation. are these the sportsman guide bibs you guys are talking about? what the difference between the 600 and 300 denier?

monticatgeek
    Monticello, MN

I think the Striker Ice bibs are the best. the plus to them is they come in a floating and non floating version. the difference in price between the two is minimal so I would spend the extra money and get the floating ones. try are water proof and really warm.

shaley
    Milford IA

Look at snowmobile sites or ski sites I got Stryker brand snowmobile bibs for $38 and just as warm and waterproof as my friends popular branded bibs at a fraction of the price…

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

I will vouch for the snosuit bibs, they are everything they say and more. If you shop around or can wait till near end of season I have seen them as low as $170 and they are worth the money. Check out Glenn’s Army/Navy, Reeds just to name a few.

tucrs
    NW Metro

After fishing with a lot of different bibs over the years, I finally found a pair I…
    Do not get cold in
    Do not get wet in
    And finally can wipe my hands on and wash the just the towels.
    The Striker Climate Bibs are awesome. It served me really well fishing in the fall with sleet/snow in the boat.

Material is really nice, good company to buy from and best of all it is two suits in one.

You can find them online or at a bunch of different retailers.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

I have the Fleet Farm brand of bibs, been awesome to me so far. This is the second season using them…

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Quote:

I have the Fleet Farm brand of bibs, been awesome to me so far. This is the second season using them…

Are those the Lakes and Rivers Brand? Been looking at those a few times.

commuting_iceman
    Andover, mn

I am old school carhart extream bibs here warm flexible and so much less cha ching

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Are those the Lakes and Rivers Brand? Been looking at those a few times.

Yep, sure is!

rivy2112
    Minnesota

I purchased the Cabela’s Guidewear Gore-Tex Ice Angler bibs in XL Regular last year and absolutely love them! 150 gram Thinsulate and have removable knee pads. Just picked up the matching parka last week. Right now they are on sale. I’m 6’0″ 250 as well and with warmer boots with the thick soles they fit like a dream!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I used to be a carhart bibs guy but I’d get ice on the cuffs of the pants. I shelled out for a snosuit and I’m never going back. the pockets are all in the right spots. I wear mine October-March. They are worth the extra cash if you are an icehead.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Not sure if they are the best. But as someone who suffers from “getting cold” I can say the Ice Armor Extreme bibs (and coat) are unbelievable. Very very warm and comfortable. I can see how a person would not need a fish house with this new high tech outerwear.

I have the Ice Armor Bibs and Coat also. Got a steal of a deal from the Neighbor who no long used his. It is nice and warm and waterproof. Love it. I was looking at the SnowSuite also. I liked that also though. I just went with the better deal.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.