looking for 5/16 slender spooons for weekend trip

• jasono00
    cities

Im heading to mille lacs friday, and want to try out 5/16 ounce slender spoons. I know you can order them online, but its a lilltle to late to get them shipped to my by the time I leave thursday night. So does anyone know of anywhere that carries this size in metro area?

jsrevermann
    Central MN

I just picked some up at Gander Mountain. That was in St. Cloud, but one near you will probably have them as well.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I have tried to track these down in a store for 2 years now – driven out to Thorne Bro, Joe’s, multiple Ganders, and never found them in stock. I finally ordered online and it took 3 days. Simple to order and they send them USPS right away. I know this doesn’t help you now, but I would consider ordering some anyway so you have them for the next time and save the headache of chasing them in stores. I have also heard from people who do find them in a store that the sizes/colors they want are gone. The mail order setup seems top notch.

jasono00
    cities

Forest lake gander only had very limited 1/8 ounch and 1/4 ounce.

dld24

I would like to know this too…I’m thinking might just have to order online….I have the 1/8 I’m hoping they’ll be fine for mille lacs this weekend

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

You might check Reeds in Onamia. I have not been there this season so I do not know for sure if they are in stock. A quick phone call could tell ya.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

I would like to know this too…I’m thinking might just have to order online….I have the 1/8 I’m hoping they’ll be fine for mille lacs this weekend

1/8 oz are deadly on Mille Lacs. My personal favorites are silver/red and gold/green-chartreuse.

FROnline

Those Lightning spoons do the trick just as well in most cases, if not better. In any case, good luck!

dld24

thanks for the tip will…after my red lake trip silver/red is my favorite lure..

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Woodbury Gander is out of Slenders.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Ordered slenders and Chekia jigs. I felt pressured because they are starting to run out of firetiger.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

You could swing into Princes Bait on 169 just north of Milaca. Each year they order a lot of Custom Jig’s & Spins tackle. I would imagine they have a selection of slender spoons.

huskerdu

Gander in Blaine did not stock any-would not have gone into the store if I didnt have a gift card

BMarshall17

Give Thorne Bros a call up in Blane, they usually have a plentiful stock!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.