Marcum question

• toxic11

So two questions. Do does anyone know when marcum will come out with the upgrade kit from LX-7 to LX-9. And anyone has an idea on the price of that upgrade.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Assuming that the LX-9 is $1200 and the LX-7 is $700 I would guess (and I am only guessing) that the upgrade would be right around $500

smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

I’ve talked to the guys around town at a couple of the events this fall including the ice fishing show last weekend. It should be very soon. I don’t think the upgrade is going to be as much as the retail difference from what I understood.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Remember that upgrade cost will also include the camera head

toxic11

I don’t know if I should wait for the upgrade or just buy lx-9

Vandy
    Central Iowa

I spoke with Marcum friday and they told me the end of dec. or first of the year.
    They also told me it would be around the $500 range.

sandmannd

Remember the LX9 is just the LX7 with the camera. So that’s your $500 upgrade. Still cheaper than purchasing a camera separate.

mydogcarl
    Johnston, IA

Quote:

I wonder if they will offer an option for guys that already have a camera head. I assume that the head on my 825sd would transfer over?

gillfisher
    God's country - Wisconsin

I wonder the same thing, I asked the Marcum rep at the Wausau show this past weekend but he did not know if they would or not. If they don’t it shouldn’t be hard to sell the camera for around the upgrade price.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

they need to start shipping product before they start doing upgrades

Chode2235

Quote:

Quote:

I wonder if they will offer an option for guys that already have a camera head. I assume that the head on my 825sd would transfer over?

Just flash the LX-9 software and plug in your camera…

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Interesting point. My 625 hasn’t technically sold yet. Wonder if I’m better off getting a 7 and upgrading the software? Does the 7 have a SD slot for recording video if upgraded?

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

the 7 has a card slot, yes. I don’t know if any internals have been changed from the 7 to the 9, or a port added for camera. you will have to contact marcum about that. [email protected]

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I called marcum and I can not use my camera head off of the 625sd….upgrade cost is as stated before $500. Unti will need to be sent to Marcum for the upgrade. Oh well, back to selling everything and ordering the 9

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

The camera heads for the LX9 use different connectors, wiring sequence and OSD systems. The LX9 won’t be compatible with 625 or 825 SD camera heads.

toxic11

So now going back. Does any one know when will they start shipping lx9 units and when the upgrade will be available?

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

So now going back. Does any one know when will they start shipping lx9 units and when the upgrade will be available?

I sent an email this morning to marcum about tentative shipping dates, they said they are expecting to be shipping the LX-9’s before the end of the week, but keep in mind that they have to be sent to Rapala to be distributed.

toxic11

They need to pick a date finally.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

They need to pick a date finally.

i know right!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I asked while I was on the phone with them this afternoon

“We will have them here in the next day or two….It will still take time to get them from here out to the retailers”

toxic11

I mean some people sold their lx7s and other units just to get the lx9. I bet there is few people left without a flasher and ice is here.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

I mean some people sold their lx7s and other units just to get the lx9. I bet there is few people left without a flasher and ice is here.

yeah, my lx-5 was sold before the scheduled november release date. then the december 1st release date came and passed. now ice is here and still no 9……..

toxic11

Oh I hear you. I sold my lx7 cuz I didn’t want to go through the hassel of sending 7 in for the upgrade. Now I am.stuck without one. And I was planing to make ice trip up north.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

now ice is here and still no 9……

I wish we had ice here
    I can’t wait to use my 6 with the new arms ….

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Tell me about it….All my stuff is now sold (pending payments) and ice is forming as we speak. Ran my trap line this morning and 80% of it was iced up. calm night and low teens will get the skim ice turned into an ice factory

Vandy
    Central Iowa

I hope what they have said is tru. I was told by Marcum that they would have the upgrades ready by the middle of November,then they said the first of December,and last week when I spoke with them they told me it would be the end of December or the first part of January.
    I had a vs625sd and sold it so I could upgrade my 7,I have a trip planned in a week and will not have a camera with me…

toxic11

I preordered my lx-9 from cabelas. I emailed them today about when will they have the lx9s. Their response was that they should arrive this Thursday and shortly after I will receive it. Hopefully.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Oh I hear you. I sold my lx7 cuz I didn’t want to go through the hassel of sending 7 in for the upgrade. Now I am.stuck without one. And I was planing to make ice trip up north.

my buddy has been hitting me up about getting out on some ice, but I ain’t in the mood cuz of all this. vados bait is set to show up thursday too 2000 waxies, 1500 spikes….

Quote:

Quote:

now ice is here and still no 9……

I wish we had ice here
    I can’t wait to use my 6 with the new arms ….

no ice in wisconsin yet? WTF man…. this winter is weird! as for the arms, my first customer gets his tomorrow, for his humminbirds. can’t wait to hear his reaction to how shiny they are. another person is getting theirs thursday. I had to order more aluminum because alot of people are loving the look of them.

mydogcarl
    Johnston, IA

Quote:

The camera heads for the LX9 use different connectors, wiring sequence and OSD systems. The LX9 won’t be compatible with 625 or 825 SD camera heads.

Great… I’m glad I put aside a suitcase full of cash! Marcum is great at confiscating it. I’m done playing their games… delayed releases, units that are released without functional advertised features (Hello LX-7) and now an ‘upgradable’ unit that requires a significant investment… despite the fact that I already invested in their highest quality camera. What’s up with that?

mydogcarl
    Johnston, IA

Quote:

I hope what they have said is tru. I was told by Marcum that they would have the upgrades ready by the middle of November,then they said the first of December,and last week when I spoke with them they told me it would be the end of December or the first part of January.

I had a vs625sd and sold it so I could upgrade my 7,I have a trip planned in a week and will not have a camera with me…

Rick… send me an email… I’ll hook you up with a camera bud!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.