Another TUC field test.

• Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I had the opportunity to try out first hand the TUC noodler rod last nite. Fishing a custom jigs tungsten jig and a piece of plastic. I also opted to try the optional split grip to see how it felt.It was a a bit different than what I am used to, but once the jig was in the water,my index finger instantly found the blank and my pinky on the back side was also on the blank.

Visual bite detection was a no-brainer for even me with my bad eyes. The floro- green was like a neopn sign flashing negating the need to get a visual lock on clear floro line.Another benefit that I was not expecting, was to actually feel all of the bites at the same time.

So my review is positive and if anyone has interest,I would be more than happy to demo one to see for yourself. Hope to see you on the ice!

jake-bohnsack
    Wright County Area

Hoping to pick up a noodle tommorow at the Ice Show! Look out panfish!!!

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

You’re making me jealous Dean. I can’t wait to get my hands on one of those!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Dean !!

What length of the PN did you try out ? I have the 30″ and a 26″… I walked the docks here in PdC and found some panfish as well.. My 30 ” is very responsive and easy to detect bites …

TUC Rods have my support !! If any of you are in my area and want to give one a try your more then welcome to try out one that I have..

Dean Marshall

Dave..a 30 inch for me, I like the extra length and envision having one each for the shack & outside. I am a touch taller than you!

RRR….stay out of that spot!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Dean,

What are you using to attach the reel to the rod?

FDR

Dean Marshall

Quote:

The walleye king catching panfish?! What gives Dean!

Those look like nice rods, I may have to look into picking one up this winter.

Fyi., I did catch 3 walleye on a previous ice rod field test!
    I used to live for first ice pannies prior to getting sidetracked at my previous career.
    The ice gear has really advanced from my days of a bucket, spud, and 15 layers of clothes!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.