Mille Lacs Area Ice Update

• Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I just talked to the official weather station up in Malmo (my dad) and unfortunately after two days of lows reaching single digits last night bottomed out at 20 degrees

He also reported that Isle, Wahkon, and Cove Bays are mostly frozen over and looked like they hopefully will stay locked up for the year this time. As Tom mentioned in another post there were 2″ inches of good ice close to shore in Cover Bay.

Rumor also has it that there is fishable ice on small lakes in the Aitkin area but as of yet I still don’t have any friends with a day off to go find it. I’ll be down here at the ice fishing show, but expect my friends here on IDO and back home will be out somewhere so we may be hearing some reports by this weekend.

If anyone does make it out this week/weekend stay safe and good luck!

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

will, are you working at the ICe fishing show? if so when and where? Ill stop by saturday if you’re there.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

will, are you working at the ICe fishing show? if so when and where? Ill stop by saturday if you’re there.

Yes, I’ll be there on Friday and Saturday at one of the ice force sponsors but I won’t know which one they’ll need me at until I get there. Looking forward to seeing you there!

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

i have some days available in Dec if you want a back to drill and fish with.

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

I only work 6 days in December I’m game to go anytime, just hit me up!

tbrooks11

work only 6 days?! Man, i need your job!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I hear there’s 3-4″ in the bays on Mille right now

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

work only 6 days?! Man, i need your job!

X2

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

i have some days available in Dec if you want a back to drill and fish with.

Sounds like a plan Joe!

icetroller
    Ludington, Michigan

I will be in Isle on the 7th of Dec. for 10 days if anyone would like to hit the bays for some recon. Will be staying at McQuoids.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.