need marcum arm dimensions…

• shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

curious if anyone has their marcum handy and can take a couple measurements for me……

need the diameter of the hole for the ducer plug, diameter of the hole for where it bolts onto the frame, the diameter of the countersink (id & od & depth), and is the countersink on both sides or needed?, as well as a general length/width of the 2 arms.

I don’t have my lx-5 anymore, sold it about a month ago, and still waiting on my lx-9 to ship, else i would take the measurements myself. bored at work and might machine a set or these out of aluminum.

Thanks in advance…..

gary d
    cordova,il

Just had my LX 5 out.

First arm 4 inch long with 1/4 in holes.
    Second arm 3 inch with 1/4 middle hole and 13/16 hole for the rubber stop.
    Hope it helps!!!

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Just had my LX 5 out.

First arm 4 inch long with 1/4 in holes.
    Second arm 3 inch with 1/4 middle hole and 13/16 hole for the rubber stop.
    Hope it helps!!!

thank you very much!! did you notice if there was a specific reason for the counter-bore on the first arm where it bolts onto the frame? and I am assuming they are 1″ wide, correct? With aluminum, i should be able to make it 3/4 tho unless i make some weight reduction slots.

gary d
    cordova,il

The arms are 3/4 of a inch wide. If I read you right the 1/4 in bolt with 1/4 inch lock nut that the nut go’s up in.

Oh I see I think it is for strength?

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

The arms are 3/4 of a inch wide. If I read you right the 1/4 in bolt with 1/4 inch lock nut that the nut go’s up in.

Oh I see I think it is for strength?

thanks gary. this is the counterbore that i was asking about, where it bolts onto the unit. I see no reason from pictures why it is recessed (counter bored) from the top view. is there a spot on the frame where it sits on that bore?

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

The counter bore is just were the bolt head sits on. The bottom has no need for it. There is just a nyloc nut under the plastic case that attaches the arm to the case.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

The counter bore is just were the bolt head sits on. The bottom has no need for it. There is just a nyloc nut under the plastic case that attaches the arm to the case.

Thanks Todd, appreciate the help……. gonna play with mastercam tomorrow at work and see what i come up with for designs on the arms….

shaley
    Milford IA

Could have texted me I already have what you want….

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Could have texted me I already have what you want….

figured you were working

shaley
    Milford IA

Well I was

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Well I was

you are the first person i thought of when i was thinking about this at work today, but figured you don’t carry your flasher around with you…… lol… gonna text you now

shaley
    Milford IA

Nope you missed your chance…

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Nope you missed your chance…

hahahahaha, damn you Shawn!

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

started to build some today…..

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

just finished polishing one of the small arms, will upload over lunch….

also have to finish the longer arm

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Looks good Shane

Where’s mine??

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Looks good Shane

Where’s mine??

lol, thanks! making 6 sets right now, just to test the waters on them. so far, i have had a couple other inquiries, so 3 total are spoken for….

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

getting closer…….

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

lol, thanks! making 6 sets right now, just to test the waters on them. so far, i have had a couple other inquiries, so 3 total are spoken for….

Make that 4 spoken for

PM sent…

broman

Not to rain on your parade, but I hope you’re not putting the Marcum name on the arms if you’re selling them. Even if you’re giving them away, putting the Marcum name on it sounds like legal trouble.

Other than that, they look nice. Wish I had access to that kind of equipment.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Not to rain on your parade, but I hope you’re not putting the Marcum name on the arms if you’re selling them. Even if you’re giving them away, putting the Marcum name on it sounds like legal trouble.

Other than that, they look nice. Wish I had access to that kind of equipment.

I stayed away from exact fonts and logos just to make sure of any copyright information. as for the name itself, i think only MONSTER is anAl enough to pursue that…..

In future runs tho, i am gonna stay away from engraving as it adds too much time to the process to keep costs down. I will probably stay away from polishing too, and just have that as an upcharge service.

One more thing I might look into is cutting down from the 3/8 thickness to 1/4 inch, or making them longer than standard sizes so you can back your flasher away from the hole a little more….. Right now, the 2 lengths are 5″ & 4″, but they overlap 3/4″ and also the bolt-on area where it bolts onto the frame is non-useable reach. adding an inch to each piece backs your flasher 2″ from the hole. 2″ would mean 4″ inches away. And with the current thickness of 3/8″, it doesn’t flex at all. Also, added weight wouldn’t be much since I pocket out the bottom side…

Just tossing ideas around……

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

They look awesome! With the added length you are talking about, will it still fold away neatly?

FDR

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

They look awesome! With the added length you are talking about, will it still fold away neatly?

FDR

yes it will. I made 4 sets now at 7″ & 6″, which is 2 inches longer on each arm, instead of the factory length 5″ & 4″. total reach out from the base is approximately 11 inches instead of 7.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

made a couple custom humminbird arms for someone in iowa…. he loves em….. his are different than the marcums because of the rubber stopper and the different mounting hole, but these are a 6″ & 5″, which will reach approximately 9 inches out.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

picture of my buddy’s vex that i made a set of arms for and the stopper……. also made him a riser but he didn’t need it since his pro pack has additional risers for cup/rod holders and light holders…….

Randy Rowell
    Rockland Wi

Do you have any marcum arms available? Broke mine today and heading to LOTW on thursday.
    Randy

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.