guided ice trips

• shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

My buddy goes to LOW every year for chartered open water trips, and said its pretty much a standard to tip the captain every day. He was thinking the same would be for guided ice trips. Anyone know if this is true?

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Absolutely. Tip based on the experience, but I would say anywhere from 10-30% based on your satisfaction level.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Guided trips at LOW are helpful. Not only to put you on the best spots for fishing but sometimes its a must to get you out to where the fish are. If there is a ton of snow its hard to get out to the spots unless you bring your own sleds/atvs.

That being said, if you stay at a resort or hotel they will tell you where their houses are located and what has been the best depth so you have a general idea on where to start. If you want to venture out yourself.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

I would definitely tip. Who here wouldn’t like a little extra for a job well done?

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

We had a team of three guys working for us daily on LOW. After the three days we tipped each of them. There were four of us in the group, so it was almost a one on one lesson at times.

FDR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.