jiffy 30

• shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

I have a jiffy 30 8″ auger that only likes to run full choke. I am currently putting some seafoam thru it to see if that clears it up. no leaks on the carb, fresh mix of 40-1 premium 91 gas/jiffy non smoke oil, new champion plug. it never wanted to idle for very long last season either, so i am thinking i need to adjust the 2 screws. tecumah 3hp engine. anyone know what may cause this and which adjustment screw does what? thanks in advance….

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Thanks for sharing this, I was just thinking I should get mine out and prepped for the coming season.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Shane, if you have that problem again, shoot me a pm. I’ll tell you what I did to fix it.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

adjust it back to factory, and then fine tune it. purrs like a kitten at idle with no choke, and screams at full bore

When adjusting the high side make sure your not running too lean. When the auger has no load and is running wide open she should be switching up between two and four cycle. When she starts to pull ice it should go into strictly two cycle. To lean and by by engine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.