popular ice jigs

• crankbait22

The rapala ice jigs are really getting popular out west for deep vertical fishing. Do any of you ice fishermen prefer any other types of jigs over the rapala 3/4 oz ice jigs out on the frozen tundra???

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Northland Tackle has one that is similar, but not an exact copy that is about half the price.

FDR

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

It’s been hard not keepin a slender spoon on my line. But since that’s a spoon and you said jig, I would say the lindy rattling flyer is a good choice.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

The nills master jigs are my favorite Just remember to take the original hooks off and replace it with a split ringed gamie

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

My number one spoon for mille lacs ice fishing is a 1/8 oz gold kastmaster. Second is a Salmo cubby darter.

kvang
    MN

I would say a 1/16 oz gold lindy flyer.. Love the rattles.. Also seem to twist less as compare to some other spoon…

That
    or a gold/silver Diamond jigs (CJ&S) in size 10.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

I really like the slick jig. I have had good luck with those.

slab_slayer

Lindy Rattlin’ Flyer always puts fish on the ice for me. Its a real effective and dynamic jigging spoon!!

crankbait22

Do you fish the slick jig without any bait, and does it really fly through the water like a rapala ice jig does?

crankbait22

“Northland Tackle has one that is similar, but not an exact copy that is about half the price.”—awesome and thanks for the suggestion! I can decorate some more trees with ice jigs!

slab_slayer

If you tip it with a plastic you can fish without any bait and yeah it does glide and dart around the hole when jigged..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.