Strikemaster/Rapala???

• shaley
    Milford IA

Rapala buy Strikemaster or a similar deal as the Rapala/Marcum partnership?

shaley
    Milford IA

Thanks Brian….

jigging_jag
    SE Minnesota

I really wonder how this will effect the awesome service in Big Lake?

hanson

Quote:

Thats what I’m thinking too.

A merger can either build a brand up if the acquiring company allows the brand to continue being that brand and put support behind it. Or it can destroy it by applying the parent companies strategy to the acquired brand.

I don’t think anyone can argue that Rapala isn’t successful. Just curious to see how they’ll affect what we all love about Strikemaster.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Setting aside the issue of an owner simply cashing out from a business, it makes me wonder what the future viability is of ice fishing only businesses? And, what is the future of their respective products post merger, acquisition or marketing agreement if they couldn’t seemingly float independently? I know James, Marcum was only a marketing and distribution partnership. ;-)

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Quote:

They will be made in China in a year or two. Watch

c_w
    central MN

Quote:

Quote:

They will be made in China in a year or two. Watch

I think you have Rapala and Pure Fishing (Berkley) mixed up.

One of them drops the overseas products of acquired company’s the other sends american jobs overseas.

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

M&A’s are never about the employees of either establishment. Changes will be made. It’s just a matter of who and when.
    Really despise press release statements filled with gibberish on how the M&A is going to better serve customers. It’s nothing but a fallacy surrounding the almighty George Washington.

Corporate America is StrikeMaster-ing the ice fishing industry.

jigging_jag
    SE Minnesota

Yeah, not to thrilled about this one… The reason I love Strikemaster so much is there customer support at the factory. Anytime I had a small issue with my auger they would take care of it free of charge. Thus, I bought a new solo when they came out, a few hand augers over the years and even there clothing line. I took pride in that small company in Big Lake, got family members to come on board etc. Now I’m already turned off by a major power house owning the company. Things will change, the good ole boy days will come to an end.

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

Quote:

Rapala buy Strikemaster or a similar deal as the Rapala/Marcum partnership?

told ya esox!!!aka shawn

shaley
    Milford IA

Bite me Joe….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.