Getting excited for Thursday on Devils!

• mrbluesky

Going to Devils Lake with a buddy and we hired percheyes guide service for the day! I have never fished with a guide before and am really looking forward to it! Get to put my new TB rods and LX7 to the test! Just ordered a bunch of lindy flyers, apparently that is what the walleyes are hitting on now. Should be a great day. I only live about an hour south of Devils and would love to learn the lake for frequent trips up there.

crappies

let us know how u do. i was thinking on using them for a trip on devil’s lake. a review would be great!

DrewH
    s/w WI.

X2

mrbluesky

What a day! Beautiful morning followed by huge temp drops and a big wind that picked up! We had Kyle from Percheyes Guide Service as our guide. Nice guy and def has a great knowledge of the lake, growing up fishing Devils. We fished walleyes at sunrise until about 10am. Ended up with our limits of walleyes! Nothing big, but real nice eaters! At one time we had one tip up going and my buddy had two fish on in the house at the same time! We moved a mile or two and started perch fishing as the weather was changing. My buddy caught two pigs (13 and 12 inchers) with the huge bellys on them. We marked fish all afternoon but was tough to get them to bite! We ended up with 6 nice perch. I broke my line on probably a northern and Al caught a 4 lb or so northern. Over all it was a GREAT day on the ice. Kyle worked his butt off for us, constantly scouting and drilling holes. Besides moving us about a dozen times and making us some great chili for lunch! We both agree it was money well spent and I will do it again! Oh, I didnt know guides cleaned your fish? It was fun watching him clean the fish with an electric knife. I have to get me one of those! He used a Rapala electric knife by the way. Also, we didnt need to bring anything. Although I used my LX7. He had everything we needed for a day on the ice. I would recommend Percheyes Guide service and Kyle to anyone. I think we are going to hire them again for a guided summer trip. We fished some places, seemed like the middle of no where, that were troughs, holes, humps and a current he found that the fish funneled through! On a tough day, he made a succesful fishing trip for us!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.