LX-7

• toxic11

Just an idea. I wish that marcum kinda hold off on their lx-7 release. And revised it and included a touch screen, a sd card slot so you can have a contour display of the lake at the same time in one unit. You guys have any more ideas?

sandmannd

Touch screens are very expensive, touch screens that are water proof would be even more and if you are talking about adding maps to it I would assume you want GPS so adding the antenna would add more. You would be over a grand for that type of unit. I think it would be great to have those items as well but then you are talking more than a flasher. For the money, this is a great unit. If you want to spend even more then I’m sure these options would be tangible.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Agreed on mapping with internal antenna. Would finally sell the vex for that.

toxic11

If you look at it. Some people have a total of 3 units. A gps with mapping, a flasher and a underwater camera. It would be awesome to combine all three in one and make the ultimate unit. At a cheaper price than three separate.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

While that sounds good at first I have never been a fan of that sort of combo. With seperate units if one unit goes bad I can replace it without replacing all three.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quote:

While that sounds good at first I have never been a fan of that sort of combo. With seperate units if one unit goes bad I can replace it without replacing all three.

Great minds think alike.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I would like to see either a camera and/or gps mapping added. It wold be great to be able to split screens like we can with the units in our boats. Multiple configutations and screen width options would also be sweet.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I would like to see either a camera and/or gps mapping added. It wold be great to be able to split screens like we can with the units in our boats. Multiple configutations and screen width options would also be sweet.

A camera option won’t / can’t be added to the 7. That would require an additional port for the camera that the 7 doesn’t have. This type of capability, if and when it happens, would come under a new model.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Just an idea. I wish that marcum kinda hold off on their lx-7 release. And revised it and included a touch screen, a sd card slot so you can have a contour display of the lake at the same time in one unit. You guys have any more ideas?

A touch screen sounds good but once you take into account that they don’t work with a gloved hand… I just don’t think they’d be very convenient for the ice angler. My cell is touch screen and I don’t like having to run the gloves on and off every time I want to use it. Imagine having the 7 mounted to a wheeler, doing 40 MPH on a -20 day and having to take your glove off to change a zoom range? It sounds good in theory but in practice I’m thinking some big buttons like the 7 has will be the way to go.

As for GPS in the 7, I’m torn. I want a good GPS unit to replace the H2Oc but I’m not sure an 8″ screen platform is the best fit. At least for the guy that puts s premium on mobility. Can you imagine walking around marking out a spot with an auger and a 7? I’m thinking a MarCum handheld that docked with the 7 in some manner would make more sense. But that’s just me. And GPS in a full sized MarCum unit is a strong possibility.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

A touch screen sounds good but once you take into account that they don’t work with a gloved hand… I just don’t think they’d be very convenient for the ice angler. My cell is touch screen and I don’t like having to run the gloves on and off every time I want to use it. Imagine having the 7 mounted to a wheeler, doing 40 MPH on a -20 day and having to take your glove off to change a zoom range? It sounds good in theory but in practice I’m thinking some big buttons like the 7 has will be the way to go.

I agree

toxic11

Now thinking. I agree with all of you. But maybe if we all brain storm this idea, we come come up with something that marcum can implement in their future unit

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I think touchscreen locators would be awesome in the boat and on the ice, but I agree that it could be tricky to make them work right.

Also, I got a nice pair of gloves for Christmas that work with touchscreens. Apparently it just takes some conductive thread sewn on the fingertips to make them work.

For what it’s worth, I think putting a camera in the LX-7 would be too much. A lot of the time, I like running both the camera and the flasher at the same time. But I do think a GPS feature could make a ton of sense.

josh a

just my 2 cents about adding a gps. i like to use my handhelp gps for more than just fishing. if i wanted to buy a really nice new flasher i wouldn’t want to pay extra for the gps since i aleady have one.

MNEric90
    Shakopee, MN

Finally got my chance to get out and test the new update. Right off the bat, I noticed what looked like the upper left corner of a box show up on my flasher display. Is this normal? Or do I have to adjust the settings a bit? (I was in dynamic depth mode) Another thing I noticed was that the jumpiness was still there. The screen would “freak out” for a moment and return to normal. Anyone experience anything like this?

mrbluesky

Quote:

Finally got my chance to get out and test the new update. Right off the bat, I noticed what looked like the upper left corner of a box show up on my flasher display. Is this normal? Or do I have to adjust the settings a bit? (I was in dynamic depth mode) Another thing I noticed was that the jumpiness was still there. The screen would “freak out” for a moment and return to normal. Anyone experience anything like this?

I got rid of the freak out and havent seen a box on my screen. Mine has other problems though. After waiting over two weeks for Marcum Customer service to reply to my request for service and two emails, I will have to call them when I get home today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.