Prior/spring Lake?

• redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Has anyone been out lately? how’s the ice doing out there? and are the fish biting?

crappykilla86
    Prior Lake, MN

I’ve been doing very well on Prior. I wouldn’t drive out there though, we’ve still got open water. Crappies in the deeper bays after dark . Most have been suspended 1-15′ off the bottom in 28-35fow. My buddies are getting them on minnows under a float on small glow jigs, while I’m outfishing them 10:1 using euros on a chartruese 4mm fiskas. Ask homeowners for access to the bays, they’re all pretty cool about it-you’ll run across the occasional ice fishing nazi. Good Luck!

FishGuy

I’ve been catching walleye the past week on Prior, but haven’t been out since Sunday night. Was able to manage 2 or 3 walleyes from 14-16 inches every night I was out and a few perch mixed in. I heard spring lake is good for crappies 9-11+ inchers but thats just what ive heard probably more like 6-8 inchers.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Not looking for secret spots or techniques but I don’t even know where to begin for eyes under the ice on prior. I’ve caught a few by accident but never targeted them. It sounds like it would be fun though. Got any tips?

FishGuy

I like to target the steep break lines alone the weeds in anywhere from 13-18 feet and at low light periods. Try to find the perch because once I caught a nice perch the walleyes came in at about 4:30 to 5:45 most of the walleyes come in and strike it but some would just tape it. The best colors was a red lindy rattlin flyer and a fire tiger lightning spoon with a minnow head.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.