MarCum LX7 V2.9 Upgrade w/ How-To Video

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Why not a help function in the system which could explain it in a few words.

Sir, we think alike. I’m pressing for instructional videos to be added to the operating system so people can learn to get the most out of their system where it counts… on the ice.

Now that we have a benchmark upgrade expect a tsunami of instructional videos to start to become available in the next couple weeks.

Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

So if you go out and purchase a new Lx7 today,you would have to load the new V2.9 system or whatever the new upgraded version would be at the time . Pretty neat that your machine can keep getting better & better!

Thanks

kvang
    MN

Question:

I upgraded my LX-7 last night and I can’t seem to power the flasher up now. I was just using the unit a few days ago and was working great. Any chances that the during the upgrade, something went wrong to prevent my unit from powering?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Any chances that the during the upgrade, something went wrong to prevent my unit from powering?

Did you power the unit up immediately following the upgrade process? I would assume that something went wrong, somewhere. Your next move is to call MarCum Customer Service. If the update didn’t take and the unit can’t be powered on there really isn’t anything that can be done without their assistance.

kvang
    MN

Just spoken to Marcum support, will be bringing in the unit to be check. John from Marcum support thinks that the unit may have been locked (or something similar to that) from the upgrade.

Thanks…

big_g
    Isle, MN

Just a thought… after the upgrade, I couldn’t get it to power up either…. turned out when I put it back in the case, I unplugged the neg from the battery… I was a little nervous for a minute….

kvang
    MN

Great customer support once again. Drop by after work, John from Marcum support had a spear head (with scratches on LCD screen ) waiting for me to swap. When I ask if there was a better condition unit (my was just bought a couple of weeks ago – used twice)Chris assured me that they will work on a better condition unit comes next week (due to my need for a flasher this weekend).

Was happy that I will have a flasher to use this weekend for some crappies action up north … Also over heard Mike and Chris talking about the lack of phone calls about the upgrade, I guess mine was just the rotten egg out of the hundreds of unit out there.

iceicecrazy

Who would be the one to contact for 2.9 bug’s?

kvang
    MN

Give Marcum a call, those guys will fix your issue faster than you would think…

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.