Stolen Ice Shack!! Need your help…$1000 Reward

• tolden
    Stoddard, WI

Need your help. My friends Ice Shack was stolen off Lake Menomin in Menomomie, WI this past weekend. See below.
    ———————————–
    Hello Everyone,
    I am sending this email because last weekend someone stole John’s ice house off of Lake Menomin. As best we can figure, it must have been on Friday or Saturday night – January 27th or 28th. Whoever did it must have been well prepared as we had an industrial type lock on the hitch and, of course, the door was locked. It has been reported to the police but I am not sure how much they can do since it isn’t a vehicle that requires a registration. I am sending the pictures as John built it so it is one-of-a- kind. It is 8×14 feet. I am hoping that someone will see it and let us know. We are offering $1,000 reward for any information leading to the recovery of the shack. Please share this email with any of your friends that are out and about. You never know who may see it. We did have an unconfirmed report of someone spotting what they thought may be it in the Amery area. But, no luck yet. These thieves are not sportsmen or women. Honestly, I’d call them many other things but, you know, I am a lady!!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bonnie

(715)235-5147 – Home

(715)505-6149 – Cell

Thanks Guys, any help is appreciated!!

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

That is nice shack! Hopefully you catch them and someone beats the crap out of the scum bags!

I will keep my eyes open for it!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The only thing I hate about IDO is there seems to be too many posts about people’s stuff being stolen. I’d be happy if there was never a need to post about stuff being stolen.

I hope they find his house. I hope those a-holes get what is coming to them. Karma is a Beatch.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You’re doing the right thing…keep posting those photos and sending emails.

Unless they painted it fast, that sucker is easy to spot.

timmy

Bummer news. I hope whoever stole it breaks through the ice and drowns a horrid death. Thieves are as low as child molesters in my book – and a horrific, agonizing death to them would not cause me a minutes sorrow – except for their families.

I hate thieves – and I cleaned up my actual thoughts so they would not get deleted here.

Tim

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Sure hope you’re able to recover it. I have an appreciation for all the detail work done it that thing! I agree to keep posting pics where ever you can. Pretty cold out now for giving it a paint job, and it has enough character to make it identifiable. Good Luck!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Eyes open

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

Some more info on the Shanty.

From Bonnie, “I know John would be able
    to identify it. The chasis was made by Shack Rack…purchased in Buffalo, MN.”

olisflyrod
    Lakeville MN

You could try to contact Don Zank at 19251 State Hwy 40 Bloomer WI, 54724

and post your pictures at his airport. I think there is an ultralight club that meets there and they may be willing to keep a eye open for your ice shack. Hope you find it!! http://www.zanklites.com/

kroger3
    blaine mn

Hope he has insurance on it…. well worth the 200 bucks a year to me

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

The only thing I hate about IDO is there seems to be too many posts about people’s stuff being stolen.

In all honesty, I don’t worry too much about this where I live but if I lived in other areas, I wouldn’t trust a soul. Between shacks being broken into and used as latrines, stolen or otherwise destroyed, litter on the ice and so on and so forth that it’s absolutely disgraceful. But then over the years I’m becoming more convinced that non-slob sportsmen and women are the exception vs. the rule.

red89
    Hudson

This should be pinned at the top of the forum.

mrbluesky

I will keep my eyes open in ND. No need for a reward if found! I am going to Devils Lake next week, will keep my eyes open.

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Hi Bonnie, that really sucks and I hope your friend gets his shack back and those who stole it gets what coming to them. I don’t know if friend has yet posted to any other sites but I would post it on lake link also. I am not a fan of the site but there is alot of members there especially from Wisconsin. Best of luck to your friend.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

did this actually also happen in the old days. i mean back in the 80’s . actually back from the 60’s to the 70’s. i mean growing up we would sleep with all the windows open and the front door open/unlocked also. what has changed? i know the economy and such. but all i can say is

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Broncs, ever heard of the guy that was tired of his place being broken into, so he rig a shotgun to go off if the locked door was open?

That was about 1970 and he might be out of jail by now.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

honestly no. did not really hear of many break ins long ago. that was why i asked. i mean now i see people saying “shot gun in the door” but never heard that no.

WALLEYE444

Will keep a look out for it. Thats sucks!

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

Ill keep an eye out i live in the new richmond area and im always in the amery area … that sucks! i hope they catch the lowlifes . I do the same though keep posting pictures. post them on different sites and hopefully someone will spot it ….good luck to you

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

BUMP

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Is the a common color pattern for fish houses? Seen one like that on south center saturday. You can see it as you drive by the school if you look tot he south of HWY 8.

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

It has been found!!
    ————————————

Hi to Everyone,
    I just wanted to update you on our stolen ice house. We did recover it on Friday. It is in pretty bad shape…everything missing including the aluminum siding. However, John does think that he will be able to repair it but it’s going to take some time and effort. But, it’s back and we are so very thankful for all of your help. I am absolutely sure that we were able to recover it because of the extraordinary effort at circulation from you guys…i.e., posting on fishing websites, circulating email, posters in bait shops, word of mouth etc. The response and support we received was absolutely phenomenal. People really are genuinely kind and caring!
    Thank you everyone,
    Bonnie and John

———————————–

I am waiting to see if they caught the culprits. Will keep you posted. Sucks but at least it is back for the most part.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sold for scrap metal I would guess.

Happy it was found/sorry it was a mess.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Quote:

did this actually also happen in the old days. i mean back in the 80’s . actually back from the 60’s to the 70’s. i mean growing up we would sleep with all the windows open and the front door open/unlocked also. what has changed? i know the economy and such. but all i can say is

In the old days there were no locks on the shack doors and everyone also left there fishing stuff inside. As kids we would go use a shack and equipment for the day and then leave a couple bucks with a thank you note. Also left everything the way we found it. Never had a problem and no one ever complained.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Glad to hear is was found and not completely trashed!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Wow. Is there that much value in scrapping out a fish house? Guess I always assumed they where hauled maybe to the next state over and resold. Glad to hear you where able to get it back.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.