Solo Problems

• stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

I have the 2 1/2 horse version, and had problems yesterday for the first time.

It started right up as normal, and I punched about 20 holes. After fishing for about 15 minutes, I decided to punch a few more. It started on firt pull, I drilled 2 holes, and then it died walking to the next spot. Now it won’t start at all.

I did loosen gas cap, check kill switch, spark plug, etc. Any ideas where to start?

big_g
    Isle, MN

plugged fuel ? I assume it has spark….

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

check if fuel has gotten into the air hose

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Well its either an electrical issue or fuel issue. Easiest to rule out is electrical.
    Have you pulled the plug and checked for spark?

Dont be afraid to put your finger in the plug cap too and pull it over. This will let you know if the spark plug is the issue. Yes you might get bit by the shock if it is working but atleast you will know….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You are a mean man Chuck.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

an auger? whew.

thought he had a hole in his cup maybe when i read the post.

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Yea, only problem I have with the Cup is when it’s empty.

Yes, it has spark. (and no, I didn’t try the tongue check, Chuck, well at least not this time)

I’ll probably change spark plug anyway, and then see if I can figure out fuel issues from there.

arklite881south

I’ve had issues with the breather cap. In fact (Surely NOT complany recommended) But I have removed the cap and drilled out the hole to a larger size. Could possibly be locke on from that tube?

Good Luck!!

Willy Wonka
    Forest Lake, Mn.

Yesterday my Solo died as I drilled my tenth hole. I wasn’t sure what it was. Then I notice a clear gas line hose behind the air cleaner had pulled out. It’s not the main gas line but a second line that has a small filter on the end. It goes into the gas tank right next to the main line.

I am guessing with it pulled out air was causing the auger to not run. Anyway I loosened the air cleaner cover to get enough room for my fingers to feed the pulled out hose back in. Once it was fed back into the tank the auger started right up. Certainly not saying this is your problem but at least look and make sure it’s not the cause.

WS

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately, it’s not any of the “simple” fixes. Fortunately, have just a couple of weeks left on warranty!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.