Thorne Bros customer service – two thumbs up!

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

My mom had ordered a rod for me for christmas that was going to be built on the TB deadstick blank. They are having issues getting those blanks so they told my mom they would be happy to refund the purchase. I didn’t like that idea as I was looking forward to adding another TB rod to the arsenal.

So, I got in touch with Matt Johnson, who had originally helped me figure out a rod for a specific presentation. Since the ETA on the deadstick blanks was unknown, I asked him if he had any other ideas that would fit what I was after. He quickly provided me with an alternative idea on Monday and said if I wanted to go that route, he would take care of everything on their end. New rod showed up on Friday, and based on the feel of a jigging spoon in the kitchen sink, I’m going to really like this rod. The sink didn’t produce any action, so I’m hitting Pettenwell tomorrow to test it out.

Thanks Matt and Thorne Bros.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Thorne is the best in the business. What rod did you end up getting?

sandmannd

They have the best customer service. Always willing to work with you. What did you end up going with?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Thorne is the best in the business. What rod did you end up getting?

I ended up going with a perch sweetheart blank with a chunk of the tip cut off to tighten it up. Sitting in the shack right now trying to get the virgin tag off of it. Fishes a 1/8 oz spoon really nice.

josh a

I must have gone there on the wrong day or something, this is my thorne brothers story- I bought a penn 975 baitcasting reel from them in october 2 years ago, 2 weeks into the muskie season the next summer it was broke already. This happens, no big deal. I brought it back to thorne brothers thinking they would send it back to penn for me, no such luck! They said that even though it was less than a year old and i had the reciept there was nothing they could do for me. I was told they could send it to there “reel guy” and have it back in a few weeks, but i would have to pay for the repairs. I was so p***** off i left and took the reel to Joe’s sporting goods. After a quick talk with bob in the fishing section i was told that even though i didn’t buy the reel there they would send it to penn for me, just costing me 10 bucks each way to ship it. I got the reel back 3 weeks later, fully repaired by penn at no cost other than shipping, had i bought the reel from Joe’s shipping would have been free. I think its about the worst customer service ever to lie to your customers about being able to send in faulty gear just to throw some extra business to your “reel guy”.

mrbluesky

I have had nothing but great experiences with TB. They have taken care of any problem (which is very few). My only grip is they do have sections on their site to contact them via email. I have not had any luck with this, waiting weeks for an answer that never came. This has happened a few times. I have also left messages on the page that shows what you ordered and it has the option of leaving them messages and even picking what priority it is (High, medium or low) I have never recieved an answer from that section either. Call them or walk into the store, they are awesome! I know I have been a pain in the rear to Katie, but she is a trooper and always follows through!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.