How is everyone liking there LX7?

• wismitty
    Janesville wisconsin

I think the unit will be steelar but i feel there are more issues than just the software hardware upgrades. I believe that some or all of the testers are going to come up with more issues than this. i personally love the new unit but since i a more frugil with my money and the need for a very dependable unit, i will wait until some of my percieved issues are resolved.i believe the colder weather will adversely efect the unit. but will wait until further review. i also noted on the website that when cold weather has been around the unit they have retreated to permanent or portable shelters. if some one has some solid performance reviews of around zero degrees or there abouts let me eat crow. Thanks in Advance
    The eater of Crow

ekruger01

So A question for all LX7 users, do these units still make the vex’s go goofy when they are close together? Only reason I ask is because Im picking up an LX7 next week and would like to still be able to use my FL22 in the other hole if possible….

gillfisher
    God's country - Wisconsin

Did this yesterday with my FL-22, my holes were 4 feet apart and had ZERO interference. I was fishing in 7.5 feet of water and bottom was soft. The FL-22 was in LP mode and the LX-7 was in open water mode.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

if some one has some solid performance reviews of around zero degrees or there abouts let me eat crow.

The 7 has an internal heater that is auto-regulated to maintain the needed operating temp. The 7 will perform the same at -20 as it will at 80 degrees.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

What is the difference between auto range and dynamic depth?
    Thanks BB

gillfisher
    God's country - Wisconsin

Quote:

Thanks BB

Auto range will pick one of the ranges (10,20,40 etc.) dynamic depth will maximize the use of the flasher dial or vertical display. If your in 21 feet auto range will give you the 40 foot scale, dynamic depth will be close to 21 foot scale

shaley
    Milford IA

Wife and I put the 7 to the test today, 4 lines on the screen…. results were outstanding….. 42′ and from 1 to 3:30 the 10′ zoom was red with fish….

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks BB

Auto range will pick one of the ranges (10,20,40 etc.)
    dynamic depth will maximize the use of the flasher dial or vertical display. If your in 21 feet auto range will give you the 40 foot scale, dynamic depth will be close to 21 foot scale

Thanks Gillfisher!!

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I do not understand what the target ID function does. The manual does not explain this well or I missed it?

mrbluesky

Quote:

I do not understand what the target ID function does. The manual does not explain this well or I missed it?

You are supposed to be able to adjust it, instead of your gain, to be able to see your bait more clearly? I have the update on my 7 and I still cant tell that it does anything. I turn it all the way up and all the way down and it doesnt make a difference on my screen.

MNEric90
    Shakopee, MN

Finally got my chance to get out and test the new update. Right off the bat, I noticed what looked like the upper left corner of a box show up on my flasher display. Is this normal? Or do I have to adjust the settings a bit? (I was in dynamic depth mode) Another thing I noticed was that the jumpiness was still there. The screen would “freak out” for a moment and return to normal. Anyone experience anything like this?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Finally got my chance to get out and test the new update. Right off the bat, I noticed what looked like the upper left corner of a box show up on my flasher display. Is this normal? Or do I have to adjust the settings a bit? (I was in dynamic depth mode) Another thing I noticed was that the jumpiness was still there. The screen would “freak out” for a moment and return to normal. Anyone experience anything like this?

When the unit is first placed in the hole with dynamic depth on, it takes a slight second and a few flickers of the screen to locate the bottom reading, these are the triangle shaped black areas showing up in the flasher mode. This is only applicable for a short window of time, if it continues to do this then the unit is searching for the bottom which means the transducer might not be shooting straight down to the bottom creating a constant search of the bottom because of slight angle of ducer. I learned of this while fishing this winter, If the ducer is against the ice in your hole and not beneath the ice you will see the 7 flicker because it is searching for a constant reading of the bottom.
    So just make sure your ducer is below the ice and not resting against the side of the ice in your hole.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

The target ID works best if you dial your gain up until your bait just begins to show, then adjust up your target id to make the bait more visible. On my unit running 2.9 it clearly widens the marks as the setting is turned up.

Is it like a fine tune for the gain??

MNEric90
    Shakopee, MN

Quote:

Quote:

When the unit is first placed in the hole with dynamic depth on, it takes a slight second and a few flickers of the screen to locate the bottom reading, these are the triangle shaped black areas showing up in the flasher mode. This is only applicable for a short window of time, if it continues to do this then the unit is searching for the bottom which means the transducer might not be shooting straight down to the bottom creating a constant search of the bottom because of slight angle of ducer. I learned of this while fishing this winter, If the ducer is against the ice in your hole and not beneath the ice you will see the 7 flicker because it is searching for a constant reading of the bottom.
    So just make sure your ducer is below the ice and not resting against the side of the ice in your hole.

Thanks for the info Calvin. What are your settings on your Lx-7? (Sens, Target Sep, etc.)

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

[quoteThanks for the info Calvin. What are your settings on your Lx-7? (Sens, Target Sep, etc.)

Slender spoons on Mille Lacs deep mud fishing I am running sens at 2, target id is at 1.
    For panfish in 15-20 feet with diamond jigs I am at sens of 3 and target id at 0.
    Never touched the ping speed, so that is set to factory default, to be honest I don’t know what that is set at?
    Running flasher with 5 foot zoom window.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

[quoteThanks for the info Calvin. What are your settings on your Lx-7? (Sens, Target Sep, etc.)

Slender spoons on Mille Lacs deep mud fishing I am running sens at 2, target id is at 1.
    For panfish in 15-20 feet with diamond jigs I am at sens of 3 and target id at 0.
    Never touched the ping speed, so that is set to factory default, to be honest I don’t know what that is set at?
    Running flasher with 5 foot zoom window.

I’m running same settings for same species as Cal, with ping speeds varying between 2-3.

Joel

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Loving the updated LX-7!! I returned my first one when the upgrades were still but a rumor. Lot’s of potential, but several issues. All the potential I saw in it came to fruition after getting another with the 2.9 upgrade. Everything all the others(James, Joel, Grant, et al.) mentioned, in spades!! Solid bottom, instant reading, finer sensitivity adjustments, Dynamic Depth, ect, ect, ect. All the bugs I originally experienced have disappeared.

Very happy and looking forward to further upgrades. Only one I would wish for would be even finer sensitivity adjustments (extremely fine), but I’m happy with the obvious improvement thus far.

toxic11

Even after the update did anyone notices a extreme commotion of the screen when in the 8 degree cone. I noticed that when I am running 20 degree and switch to 8 I see a lot of random lines.I tried to decrease the sense from 5 lower I couldn’t see my jig. Anyone had that issue.

shaley
    Milford IA

Nope, run mine on 2-3 sensitivity even on 3mm Fiskas

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Did not notice that either. 2 sensitivity in 32 fow with 8 degree. Higher than that and I got some wierdness, but clear and crisp at 2. I didn’t run the 20 much /at all though.

FishinPaul
    Eau Claire, WI

I decided to “upgrade” from my vex 22 hd…The lx7 is a great machine with more tweaks than anyone would ever want. There are lots of likes but 2 dislikes…The 22 has a 3 way transducer and I must say I did miss her this evening,BUT I will get over it.Now here is my main GRIPE,I pay over $600 for a fish locator and less than an hour the transducer bracket snaps off? Talk about being PO’ed!!!! I WANT QUALITY!!!! If the BEST Marcum can do is cheap plastic…Then I got a lx 7 with a broken transducer arm for sale!!!! BTW,this was my 1st Marcum,probably be my last!!! I am going to call them in tha am and see what they can do…The ball or in this case the arm is in thier court…Had to vent Paul

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I broke the arm off on my Showdown first time out even after reading threads warning me that it is fragile. Marcum sent another one out for free and the new one had extra “threads” I believe. Now that I know, I extend and put away the arm properly, pushing and pulling on the base of the arm, and have had no issues.

Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.