How is everyone liking there LX7?

• gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

I really see the flasher market going totally to LCD displays in the future and a smaller less expensive (sub $400) unit would really fill a huge hole and grab a large part of the market. Maybe a non color unit?

That is what specifically cracks me up.
    See, I’m “old school”. I don’t believe a guy has to have a flasher to catch a fish, that a LCD graph will ALWAYS do what the flasher will do. The only benefit the flasher has is that is uses less power and it can handle colder weather.
    And, because of this….the market is now returning to LCD graphs to catch fish, from the flasher.

If you don’t want an LX-7, why not purchase a Lowrance Elite 5, with gps? You can get the ice series for $675 and then you have a gps at your hands, instead of carrying a seperate gps unit. And you can get the Elite with DI to really dial in your bottom structure.
    Same price as LX-7, but with a gps.

Don’t get me wrong, the LX-7 is one cool piece of electronics!

hunter79

Has anyone received any updated information from Marcum as to public release date for the LX 7 update?

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I just purchased my LX7 from Cabelas Rodgers, MN and they said their units have version 2.9 update. I just fired mine up and it says v2.9. I have not had it on the ice yet but looking forward You can tell they must have updated themselves or were done by Marcum before shipping there is a hand written v2.9 on top corner of the box

MNEric90
    Shakopee, MN

I’ve had mine for about 1 1/2 weeks now and I’m loving it. It takes a little bit of adjustment time coming from a regular flasher. My unit is still running v1.1 and I can’t wait for the update to be released! Since they’re releasing new units with the update, I’m guessing the update is only days away from becoming public. Can’t wait until I get it on ice!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James,

Do you know or think if Marcum will be coming out with an LX-7 type of Flasher with a smaller screen?

Yes.

skiman39

James,

You seem to be in the know, when are we gonna be able to get this update somewhere? Isnt it available yet? I mean if you can buy a new one with ver 2.9 on it already how come they havent released it to all of us who bought these first and were the guinea pigs per say.
    Thank you for any light you may be able to shed on this matter.
    -skiman

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James,

You seem to be in the know, when are we gonna be able to get this update somewhere? Isnt it available yet? I mean if you can buy a new one with ver 2.9 on it already how come they havent released it to all of us who bought these first and were the guinea pigs per say.

Thank you for any light you may be able to shed on this matter.

-skiman

I’m expecting an announcement monday / tuesday of the coming week that will include the download for the upgrade along with “how to” upgrade instructions.

fishon111
    Winnipeg,Mb

I really hope it is soon, even up here in the “Great White North” our ice will most likely be out early due to really mild weather and I really would like to seen the unit function properly this year. Today I measured 25″ of ice on the big lake, usually we have our auger extensions on by now.

toxic11

Does you guys lx-7 comes with the cable to hook up to the unit or what?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Does you guys lx-7 comes with the cable to hook up to the unit or what?

The usb cable is not included. Any usb 2.0 cable will work. If you don’t already have one (or several) laying around you can pick one up for $3 – $6.

Radio Shack – USB

mrbluesky

I agree it sure would of been nice for Marcum to take care of “us” that dropped $700 on these months ago! I sent one 7 back for a new one, got the new one and it isnt working right either. So now I am patiently waiting for a response from Marcum on what they want me to do now? I ordered mine in November from TB. Here it is going into February and I basically havent had a unit to use all year! Thats nice, real nice.

shaley
    Milford IA

Mines been fine, orderd right after the ice expo and had it before x mas…. helped me land this today… released of course…Not bad for Iowa and was one of the smaller our group caught…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice Shaley!

But you can’t fool me, with all that snow in the picture you were in Alaska!

shaley
    Milford IA

We just got all that in the last week….honest….

gillfisher
    God's country - Wisconsin

Just got off the phone with Cabela’s in Rodgers MN and was told that their units were updated to Ver 1.2 by someone from Marcum over the weekend.

Just talked to a different guy at the Rodgers Cabela’s and he confirmed that he is installing Ver 2.9 software on the units they have in stock, he is also marking the boxes 2.9 as stated by Benelli Bob.

BB I apologize for questioning you – I received poor information the first time.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

Just got off the phone with Cabela’s in Rodgers MN and was told that their units were updated to Ver 1.2 by someone from Marcum over the weekend. Just sayin

All I can tell ya is mine came from Rodgers and had v2.9 hand written in the upper corner and when I got it home and fired it up when you look up the version number in the simulator it was V2.9. I was pleasantly surprised. I am looking forward to any future updates as soon as they become available.BB

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Just got off the phone with Cabela’s in Rodgers MN and was told that their units were updated to Ver 1.2 by someone from Marcum over the weekend. Just sayin

Just to clarify… those units at Cabelas Rogers were updated to 2.9.

gillfisher

I just got off the phone with Marcum and was assured that VERY SOON the update will be available to all of us, they are finalizing the procedure to install it so that NO ONE gets confused on how to do it.

MNEric90
    Shakopee, MN

So now we all know that the update is going to be v2.9 and will be released very, very soon. The best news I’ve heard today! CAN’T WAIT!

gillfisher

From the conversation I had with the Marcum guy it addresses the iregularities and adds a little extra for manual depth control, should be everything people were expecting and maybe more.

mydogcarl
    Johnston, IA

No hurry Marcum… fishing in my neck of the woods will be pretty much history after 3 straight days in the 50-60’s and overnight lows above freezing. Great job taking care of the guys that jumped in early Good thing I had plenty of other flasher to use this season, with another one delivering tomorrow (NO, it’s NOT a Marcum). Lessoned learned

bbbnteam

WELLLLL It is tuesday looking for an update cant seem to find it…………..guess I will keep wachi ng

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

WELLLLL It is tuesday looking for an update cant seem to find it…………..guess I will keep wachi ng

Tomorrow. Noon or there abouts. Install instructions, video showing how it is done and the 2.9 upgrade file will be released.

bbbnteam

Thanks james !! your the man!!! Hope there site dont crash from everyone hit’em at once,lol. I’ll be fishing but looking forward to all the skeptics turning over a new leaf……….

Ben……….

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Let’s be a little realistic here…
    It’s been just a couple of months since the initial release…
    Marcum seems to be listening to their customer’s concerns and complaints and updating those issues already….

Enjoy your new flasher bud

I’ll be saving up for a 7

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Marcum seems to be listening to their customer’s concerns and complaints and updating those issues already….

Yup, a total of 7 weeks since the product was released. Suffice it to say a lot of ground has been covered. LX7 owners will be pleased. And then there’s what’s going to happen over the next 7 months.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Yup, a total of 7 weeks since the product was released. Suffice it to say a lot of ground has been covered. LX7 owners will be pleased. And then there’s what’s going to happen over the next 7 months.

You know that’s just not right!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You know that’s just not right!!!

As the MarCum guys say in the upgrade video that will be released tomorrow… the evolution of the 7 will never end. New ideas and features can and will be incorporated in a never ending process of improvement. And at no cost to the owner I might add.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

Let’s be a little realistic here…
    It’s been just a couple of months since the initial release…

Agreed
    This is a leading edge product that requires field verification of an update to ensure that it works as intended. You cant just go back to a key board write some code update and say your good to go. You have to verify in the lab and field. No matter what you do in the lab the real world experiences will throw you a curve. I knew when I purchased mine that there could be possible issues. A small risk only because I have been very satisfied with my past purchases of Marcum products. I know that it is only going to improve with time as more updates are made available.
    It really is an impressive piece of equipment. I think it will be a real game changer just like when flashers were first used ice fishing.BB

rickwalley

For all of you who have a 7, tell me about how this unit is setup for hole hopping? I hear its size and the way it is in the case, you really can’t pick it up and easily walk hole to hole? Like you can with a LX-5? I understand about the size of the unit, but what does that have to do with Marcum designing in some sort of handle over the top area to pick it up and walk around with?

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 143 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.