How is everyone liking there LX7?

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

It not a knife…

And this is what happens when you are an early adopter.

Bad analogy…my bad…upgrades are indeed cool…..but not this soon after initial release. Guess I’m not up to speed with how fast technology moves today. I’ll wait til they grow up a bit before I “adopt” another one.

I am sorry if my post came off as my ragging on you. That was not the point I was trying to make.

My intent was to say that there may be a few kinks in it, but how nice is it to be able to update the software as Marcum fine tunes it.

mrbluesky

I have had a few problems with mine. The target adjust did nothing, nice to hear they are fixing that. It kept reading 298 feet, so i would reboot, and reboot and reboot, then it would work. Every so often the entire screen would flicker. The latest is it is dead in the water, will not boot up. I went online and filled out a request for service. It took 4 days to hear back from anyone. I am now going to be the proud new owner of a new head unit when UPS comes today. They said they will also send me a ticket to send the old one back to them. Another thing I noticed is the screen scratches very easily from cleaning it off. I am going to have to figure out a system that wont put those fine scratches across the screen every time I wipe it off. Cant wait to get the new unit and get back out fishing. I doubt it, but it would of been nice to get the v.3 already on the unit.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Go into simulator in the menu and it will tell you what version you’re running. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if you’re running V2.

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Quote:

Mike,
    I don’t have an LX-7, but is there a reason you don’t want an upgrade if it is available? My understanding is that the LX-7 has a usb port so you can do the upgrade. It’s not like you have to send it in. They are making it possible for you to make your product better even after you purchased it. I think that is great.

It’s not that I don’t / didn’t want an upgrade. It’s definitely part of the attraction!! At the time (right after they came out), it was just rumors, and no definite timeframe for release of the upgrade. Call me impatient, but I couldn’t stand not knowing what truly was going on right on the bottom (fish coming in? stray weed(s)? baitfish?)

I understand the V3 will put that to rest, but I still had / have fishing to do in the meantime.

Thanks, James, for the info. I’ll be back in the Marcum Market soon, I believe. Looking forward to picking up a V3 (who know’s, maybe 5 or 6 by then) edition before next season. I’ll “tough it out” with my soon to be outdated FL-18 for the rest of the season. Gotta expect a couple of “nicks in the blade” here and there with something this revolutionary, I guess.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

It’s definitely part of the attraction!! At the time (right after they came out), it was just rumors, and no definite timeframe for release of the upgrade.

Agreed 100%. MarCum needs to do a better job of keeping LX7 owners up-to-date on anticipated updates / upgrades and when to expect them.

WALLEYE444

They sound awesome. Want to see one on the ice!!!

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

James since a USB did’nt come with the unit will any USB work when doing the upgrade ???

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

That’s my understanding. Personally I’ve yet to find one that didn’t work.

tyler_bentzin

James will you post when the updates are avalable i don’t see on Marcums website where to go to get a update i’m guessing when it’s avalable there will be a place to go on there site.

mrbluesky

Just an FYI. I recieved my new LX7 head unit today as promised. V.1 on the unit.

sandmannd

I received mine last month. First time on the ice it worked great for the first our and then started shutting off every ten minutes. That was frustrating and I had a hard time seeing fish in the weeds. Got home and shot an email to Marcum. Next day I heard back that there was a new one coming to me with a return label for the old one. Two days later I received the new screen and sent the old one back. took the new on out and it worked flawlessly.

For those having issues I would recommend contacting Marcum. They are top notch with customer service and will take care of you.

I love the idea that they can put updates on their site to download and be able to fix the flasher or add new features. As you come into the digital age technology is ever evolving. Computers get updates all the time. Windows has dozens a month. Be patient and expect to update it throughout the year. That’s what makes this unit what is, the coolest thing on the ice. I can’t wait to see the new features.

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

I called Marcum yesterday to find out some info. The person I talked to wasn’t sure what version they were sending out from the factory right now. I asked him about a V2 version leaving the factory now to be on shelves and he was like “Ugggggghhhhhh I think so”. So my understanding is that when I buy a unit this weekend, I may have V1 or V2 installed but the V2 version is available to be downloaded?

prospector
    Wyoming

So far I like my Lx7. Curious if V.3 will take care of “dynamic depth” or lack thereof???

Fishhound

If I buy the version of the Marcum will I still create interference with people using Vexlar in the same fish house? The guys I fish with have warned anyone who goes with a Marcum they will have to fish outside due to interference.

Will that problem go away now?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

You’re friends need to learn how to clear up there vex,s. I have run marcum and vex in the same fish house without troubles before.

mrbluesky

I just fished side by side with a vex and didnt have one problem with interfearance. The machines were two feet apart.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

James,
    Will we have to down load ver. 2. before down loading 3.?
    Or is it like HB’s upgrade software, where all I have to do is the latest release regaurdless of which one I’m currantly running?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James,
    Will we have to down load ver. 2. before down loading 3.?
    Or is it like HB’s upgrade software, where all I have to do is the latest release regaurdless of which one I’m currantly running?

You can jump from the oldest version to the newest, no issues. The newest version is 2.5. WE should know about a release date in the coming week.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

So far I like my Lx7. Curious if V.3 will take care of “dynamic depth” or lack thereof???

Dynamic depth is in 2.5. 2.5 is the newest version.

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

Where are these downloads? Off the Marcum website or a different site?

nextbite
    Newton, IA

I dont own a 7 yet. I think I am gonna hold out another year and just use my 5 still. It never fails me. I do love the new features the 7 offers so maybe next year if the money is available. I am dumping about 3200.00 into an generation 2 HDS10 with structurescan onto the boat this year.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Where are these downloads? Off the Marcum website or a different site?

They are not available to the public, yet. I think we’ll see an announcement from MarCum this coming week regarding availability to the public as well as download/install instructions to get everyone updated.

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

Thanks! Sounds good!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

James,
    If 2.5 is the latest software version out and some of you are testing 3.0, why is 2.5 being withheld from the public?
    Or did I misunderstand you.
    There are guys down here in my neck of the woods that are having issues with their LX7’s as well that it sounds like the past software updates would take care of.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

James,
    If 2.5 is the latest software version out and some of you are testing 3.0, why is 2.5 being withheld from the public?
    There are guys down here in my neck of the woods that are having issues with their LX7’s as well that it sounds like the past software updates would take care of.

MarCum is developing an update that will have all the findings of MarCum’s prostaff testing so that you should only have to update this unit once to get multiple updates. As technology advances and staff tests new updates, those new updates will be available in the future. Trust me it would be more trouble to release all these updates individually vs. one update that enhances the unit multiple ways.

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

Quote:

Quote:

James,

MarCum is developing an update that will have all the findings of MarCum’s prostaff testing so that you should only have to update this unit once to get multiple updates. As technology advances and staff tests new updates, those new updates will be available in the future. Trust me it would be more trouble to release all these updates individually vs. one update that enhances the unit multiple ways.

I talked to Chris Hansen yesterday. He is the director of PR for Marcum. He told me that within the next two weeks V2 will be available for download off the website for us customers. Bad news is, he told me 2.5 won’t be on the shelf until next year!! Seems like a long time to me, but if that’s what it takes to get the unit the way they want it, then so be it!

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Quote:

I talked to Chris Hansen yesterday. He is the director of PR for Marcum. He told me that within the next two weeks V2 will be available for download off the website for us customers. Bad news is, he told me 2.5 won’t be on the shelf until next year!!

You mean next ice season? or 2013??

WALLEYE444

Quote:

I just fished side by side with a vex and didnt have one problem with interfearance. The machines were two feet apart.

True that. I do it all the time with the vex guys.

rickwalley

James:
    What’s your experience with how the bright light or direct sun makes it hard to view the LX-7’s LCD screen?

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

James,

Do you know or think if Marcum will be coming out with an LX-7 type of Flasher with a smaller screen? I think this would be a huge seller especially if it would be cheaper so that the average joe could afford it and it could compete with the lower end flashers by Hummingbird and Vexilar.

I really see the flasher market going totally to LCD displays in the future and a smaller less expensive (sub $400) unit would really fill a huge hole and grab a large part of the market. Maybe a non color unit?

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 143 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.