whos hitting the big pond this weekend? mille lacs

• jasono00
    cities

I’ll be heading there this weekend, for third weekend in a row. Fishing is so good, cant miss out on the good fishing while it keeps going on. We all know it will end somtime…… Then its more like starring at a hole with no fish coming under you…

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

My club is heading up fri thru sunday and going out of Hunter’s.
    Hope to get some good bites.
    First time up this ice season.
    Jack

jasono00
    cities

been good time past two weekends, best mille lacs ice fishing ive ever seeing. be carefull everyone theres still unsafe ice in places dont go out of public access go to resorts and listen to them on where to go and not to go guy went through ice this week in his truck out of garrison access.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Quote:

guy went through ice this week in his truck out of garrison access

That can’t be good, hope he is okay.
    thanks for the PM. there is one back to you.
    Jack

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Not this weekend but Dave, Joel and I will be out running around Tuesday – Thursday next week. The weather looks good for some outside fishing!

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

I’ll be up there this weekend probably out on the nw side.
    Public acceses are fine if your not driving out there. I’ll still wait a week to drive my truck out. But I’m paranoid driving on the ice when there’s 20 inches of the hard stuff

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

I’m heading up to the pond tommorrow afternoon first trip ever to the pond might fish Saturday if I don’t end up going to the get together in hudson

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I would but I’ll be at the GTG on the Croix

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Heading out of red door Friday night. I just can’t get enough If anybody sees a new blue ext cab chevy and a guy in a grey snow suit swing by and say

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

Me and some friends are doing our first ever trip out of Appeldorns on Sunday through Tuesday. We are really getting excited.

mrwalleye
    MN

Looks like im going saturday on the west side

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I’ll be up sometime in the next 3-5 days. I’m just waiting for the weather to stabilize some. Either Sunday or Monday I’m thinking.

crossneyes
    central MN

I’ve been fishing everywhere but there this year but Saturday looks like my chance to join the crowd! Any tips on depth/ spots to try on the north/west side?
    thx Jim

inge66

Heading up Mon with the wheel house and staying till tues night. Gonna use it as a base camp and do a lot of whole hopping on Tues.

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

NEXT weekend for me IF IF IF Red Door will have sleepers out by then. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

FishGuy

Does anyone know how the ice conditions are near Garrison? I was planning on heading up saturday morning, but not sure if ill be able to get out from the public landing in Garrison. The few times I’ve went out from the landing there has been a pressure ridge, but not sure how its like this year.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Does anyone know how the ice conditions are near Garrison? I was planning on heading up saturday morning, but not sure if ill be able to get out from the public landing in Garrison. The few times I’ve went out from the landing there has been a pressure ridge, but not sure how its like this year.

Welcome to IDO Fish_Guy.

If your putting in at the Garrison access I am assuming your talking about Pikes Point. That access is good for fishing inside of garrison bay area…. going out past pikes point is where you will run into problems fast as that area had some open water just this past monday, so please use extreme caution when heading out of this area. The ridge/crack is smaller as of monday because of the open water close by, so if your heading out of this access please use extreme caution. I personally would pay the 10 bucks and talk to garrison sports, Myr Mar or even Twin Pines to get the latest ice conditions.
    Good Luck

FishGuy

Thanks for the help

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Fish Guy,
    I second what Calvin said about going out of a resort road, they are much safer, and you have a good idea that it is safe,or their road would be closed.

and
    Welcome to IDO, DO let us know how you did if you go.
    Jack

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I am so looking forward to dropping something special down the hole and pulling something even more special back out !!! FISH ON !!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.