Lax area ice report?

• John Luebker

I have seen some guys out on fishermans road and such just wondering what kind of ice we have. the kids really want to get out so I will probably run and check it after work, but thought I would ask what others were finding as well.

Also if you fish in tremp I would be interested to hear what kind of ice is there as well, (little further drive) but worth it if ice is safe.

Thanks – and if you respond and I see you out some day I will buy you a beer

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I made a stop on the way in to work and checked to see how the ice is holding up. You will find 3-5inches of good ice by the air port.
    No need to buy me a beer. But if you do I’ll buy one back

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I know out in front of Schaefers there is 4-5″ of solid ice as of yesterday. The other areas I couldn’t tell you, but I will be checking on another community hole this afternoon to see if it is walkable for tomorrow.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

The ice is clear and not very thick, but it should hold you. Just stay shallow, bring your ice picks, and don’t bring the shorties. You owe me a beer.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

I saw a few guys out by the Black River Beach about 20 yards from open water Crazy mo-fo’s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.