Lx7 target adjust?

• ______________
    Inactive
    MN - 55082

Anyone know exactly what this setting does and the best practice for applying it?

From my experiences so far Target Adjust appears to widen the target marks as it is adjusted upwards. Seems simple enough; is that it though?

I’ve been playing around with it and have noticed that when shallower (under 10′) it widens marks and increases the hardness of the return (more red). Deeper (over 30′) it widens marks and decreases the hardness (less red). I was fishing around 18′ today and found that by increasing the Target Adjust it appeared to pretty much just widen the target without changing the proportion of red. I know, I’m over thinking this, but it got it’s own button..

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I had mine out today in 8ft of water and found by reducing the target adjust to zero the lines became thinner and a bit more manageable.

I can’t speak on deeper water, because I haven’t fished any that has enough ice to hold me.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

That’s exactly what it does Blue.. I had mine out in 23 feet on Saturday… Target adjust will bring the target size down..

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

fishwater

Target adjust is supposed to allow the user control over the size of targets in the water column without effecting the strength of the bottom signal.

I’m back on the water once the winds die down. I’ll see if I can’t replicate that scenario. If I can… I’ll shoot some video of it and put it in front of the design / engineer team for evaluation.

fishon111
    Winnipeg,Mb

After having a chance to use my LX7 on several outing’s on Lake Winnipeg where I am fishing in 14′ to 19’of water I have stopped trying to use the zoom feature as the mark’s are just too large. Sensitivity @ 5, good bottom reading, @ 4 nothing, and target i.d. @ 0. From what I see there is no sense in having 1/2″ target seperation when the marks are so big you wouldn’t see the seperation. Or am I missing something ?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

After having a chance to use my LX7 on several outing’s on Lake Winnipeg where I am fishing in 14′ to 19’of water I have stopped trying to use the zoom feature as the mark’s are just too large. Sensitivity @ 5, good bottom reading, @ 4 nothing, and target i.d. @ 0. From what I see there is no sense in having 1/2″ target seperation when the marks are so big you wouldn’t see the seperation. Or am I missing something ?

An update will be released very soon that will address the size of the targets along with some other goodies. Hang tight… sounds like it won’t be long.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

I had mine out today in 8ft of water and found by reducing the target adjust to zero the lines became thinner and a bit more manageable.

I can’t speak on deeper water, because I haven’t fished any that has enough ice to hold me.

Bust out the scratcher

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Quote:

Quote:

An update will be released very soon that will address the size of the targets along with some other goodies. Hang tight… sounds like it won’t be long.

Thanks for the update James. Regretting bringing mine back. Kinda frustrating though. I guess updates and fixing things as we go has become “the norm.”

fishon111
    Winnipeg,Mb

James, thank you for the information. I will be patient as it is a great piece of equipment otherwise.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James, thank you for the information. I will be patient as it is a great piece of equipment otherwise.

The second I know anything concrete regarding timeline… I’ll post it here.

mydogcarl
    Johnston, IA

Quote:

I hope you’re right James, because this unit is not as advertised… no Dynamic Depth and the Target Adjust is (to be polite) very disappointing. The ‘knob’ gain setting on older vex/marcums can also be dialed in on those units much better than the push button settings on the 7. I’m heading to LOTW’s next week, but the 7 is probably staying home, in favor of an LX-5 and FL-20.

bowhuntken

any word on the update james , time frame etc. ? any info would be greatly appreciated

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.