Two Questions, color line and transducer noise.

• mrbluesky

I was watching Ice Men today and one of the guys was using yellow line “so us old guys can see the line.” Cant the fish pick it up better also? I have a heck of a time tying up stuff with 2 lb. test line. I thought if I used a color line it would defeat the purpose? I noticed the clicking sound the transducers make, the fish have to be able to feel that dont they?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Know what you mean. I can barely tie 2 lb anymore without reading glasses. I take two rods gil fishing. When one gets tangled I just grab the other. Luckily I havent tangled the second one yet this year…

mrbluesky

Geez, I am trying to figure out a way to mount a magnifying glass onto one of the rods in my flip over! That would really be nice! (and I already wear glasses!)

thegun
    mn

I like to use the hi vis yellow line myself! It help alot in many different situations! I have never noticed a negative side affect from the line! I ussually catch just as many as the next guy fishing by me!

as far as transducer noise? Not sure what to say about that other than fish more than likely dont hear sound the way we do! we all no sound travels faster and further in water so im guessing they can hear about any sound in the water! how they react I cant say only guess! I know guys catch alot of fish jigging in shallow waterwith there outboards running so my best guess would be it may not hurt a thing!

Just my opinions hope it helps!

good fishing

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Fish see hooks, but they still bite the lure.

dukers812
    wi

I once asked this question to guido hibdon a well known bass pro known for sight fishing in clear water. His response was I don’t want to spook the fish. My next question to him was why do fish swim into gill nets then. All he could do was smile and shrug his shoulders. I have fished many tournaments and spent a lot of time on the water fishing all types of fish and the only time I have noticed a difference is when I have fished heavily pressured fish and it didn’t make that big of a difference on the color of the line.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I once asked this question to guido hibdon a well known bass pro known for sight fishing in clear water. His response was I don’t want to spook the fish. My next question to him was why do fish swim into gill nets then. All he could do was smile and shrug his shoulders. I have fished many tournaments and spent a lot of time on the water fishing all types of fish and the only time I have noticed a difference is when I have fished heavily pressured fish and it didn’t make that big of a difference on the color of the line.

The only time I’ve ever noticed an issue with High Vis line is in gin clear water. How often do any of us really fish gin clear water?.?.?.?. Not very often.

milemark_714

I fished with a guy that only used yellow Stren,and caught just as many fish as the rest.If you are a line-watcher,hi-vis line probably works in your favor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.