New LX-5

• Randy Rowell
    Rockland Wi

Picked up a LX-5 at the Ice Show and it didn’t come with a battery gauge. Did they stop including them with the unit?
    Randy

siclone
    W. Lakeland

You sure it’s not under the flap? It’s kind of not visible through the plastic window above the battery.

norge

What did you give for the LX5 at the ice show?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Picked up a LX-5 at the Ice Show and it didn’t come with a battery gauge. Did they stop including them with the unit?
    Randy

It’s my understanding they stopped including those with the flashers.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Tom you are correct

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

I cannot understand why a battery gauge would not be considered essential unless the battery condition indicator was moved to the unit head itself. Kinda disappointed Marcum would make such a decision.

siclone
    W. Lakeland

Quote:

That sucks then….

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

I would guess too many issues from what I have heard from other users. Mine broke after about 2 months of use.

The one of my Humminbird Ice 55 really works great and I love it. I have got to like the Ice 55 so much, my other 2 MarCum units kinda just collect dust.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

you wouldn’t believe how many people use that charger for the wrong application… and then blame Marcum for it…

As a new LX-5 owner… I totally under stand

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

I would guess too many issues from what I have heard from other users. Mine broke after about 2 months of use.

The one of my Humminbird Ice 55 really works great and I love it. I have got to like the Ice 55 so much, my other 2 MarCum units kinda just collect dust.

REALLY ???

PM me a price for your dust collectors !!!

arklite881south

I’ve never really understood the need for a battery indicator?? Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me here. My batteries always last me through a dark to dark fishing adventure. When I return home I ALWAYS place my batteries on the charger? The next morning they are ready to roll for another complete day of fishing. Seems relatively simple.

On the contrary I would definately second guess myself if I returned from a day of fishing and my indicator said 80% battery life? Would I leave it off the charger? Would I wake up at 1 AM to take off the charge? IMHO the charge indicator is simply a Bell with really no add to the effective use of your flasher. No need to overcomplicate things.

Fish the day, Charge at night. It works

arklite881south

Quote:

Randy

Congrats on your new Marcum LX-5!! Your going to LOVE IT!! This is truly the only way to really compare units. NOW fish side by side with your buddies. The Clarity, Target Seperation, and Interference Rejection will be easily noticeable.

Randy Rowell
    Rockland Wi

I can go without the gauge I just thought it was suppose to have one. Can’t wait to get it on the ice and compare it my old Vex. Buddies will be jealous.
    Randy

Randy Rowell
    Rockland Wi

Quote:

What did you give for the LX5 at the ice show?

$440 from Reed’s before rebate
    Randy

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Randy

For 2011 MarCum added a 9 AMP battery for long run times, a snow shield and kicked in a $50 rebate so you could buy the DSC charger, if you wanted, and still have money to spare.

arklite881south

Quote:

I can go without the gauge I just thought it was suppose to have one. Can’t wait to get it on the ice and compare it my old Vex. Buddies will be jealous.
    Randy

Congrats!!

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

With the DSC unit you have to use the correct charger (part that plugs into electrical outlet). It should have a label on it (yellow?) that says for use with Marcum DSC charger only. I like mine and have not had any issues with it on the 5 or the old 3 for that matter.

James-glad to see Marcum finally made a snow shield. Should have bought one at the ice show. Previously had to modify one from a Vexilar as it was a little small. Question- is the Marcum shield magnified for us old farts who can’t see?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The snowshield is not magnified.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.