otter atv box??

• l._goskesen
    Soutern Minnesota

So my old man just went and purchased a brand new 2012 honda rancher for the power stearing. Have to say I am a littlle jelous but I wont complain he took my old four wheeler and traded that and gave me his so I got a new one also but now for the question is the medium size otter box worth the money. It looks awesome. If someone has any coments or pictures I would like to see them. Just trying to get my christmas shopping done. Thanks in advance.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Yes!!!

I have the large (no longer made) and have space left over. One of the best pieces of equipment that I have purchased.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I have the medium, a rod box and auger carrier. Having the auger on the side of the box is the only way to fish. You don’t have to worry about your auger crushing something more delicate. Your rods are protected very well in a rod box and all three of these items are made of the same material that their sleds are. BTW the rod box holds six rods and a few Rose Creek Polar Boxes. Then the medium Monster box has 10 1/2 cubic feet of space. I carry my LX5, VS825SD, tip-ups, extra gloves, extra clothing, flash light, little Buddy heater and a small tackle bag. The box is light enough that it goes on the top shelf in my shop during the off season. I almost forgot it mounts with four U-bolts and it is a snap to mount it or remove it from my wheeler. When it comes to putting a figure on what these three items protect it is well worth the money. Then add the convenience of stepping off your wheeler and drilling holes with in a few seconds makes your ATV a run and gun machine.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Not sure if you saw this or not… basically anything you want to know about the medium is covered in this video.

See more IDO Fishing Videos!

Quote:

So my old man just went and purchased a brand new 2012 honda rancher for the power stearing. Have to say I am a littlle jelous but I wont complain he took my old four wheeler and traded that and gave me his so I got a new one also but now for the question is the medium size otter box worth the money. It looks awesome. If someone has any coments or pictures I would like to see them. Just trying to get my christmas shopping done. Thanks in advance.

jmarksman
    Chequamegon Bay Apostle Islands, WI

I’m going with the same box this season to. Seems to be a great simple set up with a ton of room.

l._goskesen
    Soutern Minnesota

Thanks guys your info was a big help and james I did see that but wanted. A personal review from people that used it but thank you for posting that and I believe I will be ordering one of these real soon. 3 inches of ice can’t come soon enough

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

This will be my first winter with the Otter boxes on my ATV. I’ve got the medium on the back and the smaller one up front. Am trying to consolidate to the ATV and my tent when I’m fishing alone instead daisy chaining my cargo sled and tent together. BTW, they are all Otter products…guess I’m a walking advertisement for their gear. ;-)

arklite881south

Quote:

This will be my first winter with the Otter boxes on my ATV. I’ve got the medium on the back and the smaller one up front. Am trying to consolidate to the ATV and my tent when I’m fishing alone instead daisy chaining my cargo sled and tent together. BTW, they are all Otter products…guess I’m a walking advertisement for their gear. ;-)

Welcome to IDO Chris!!

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

Welcome to IDO Chris!!

Thanks Chris, glad to be here. Have seen that your site is pretty active on getting the word out on new gear and such…I’m a gear hound at heart. ;-)

doonan
    Storm Lake, IA

I have a Rancher as well would like to do an otter box, but worried I wouldn’t have any room for a passenger. From time to time I have someone jump on the back. Anyone know if its still possible to get someone back there?

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

I have a Rancher as well would like to do an otter box, but worried I wouldn’t have any room for a passenger. From time to time I have someone jump on the back. Anyone know if its still possible to get someone back there?

I have a 700 Grizzly, which is a one person bike, and with the medium Otter box attached to the rear rack, there is no room for a second person to sit behind me.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I have a 700 Grizzly, which is a one person bike, and with the medium Otter box attached to the rear rack, there is no room for a second person to sit behind me.

Welcome to IDO….with 2 guys fishing have one guy sit ontop of the Otter box while going out. Take your time and go slow and its an effective way to travel 2 people on a wheeler with the Otter box taking up the traditional area for the 2nd fisherman.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

Quote:

Welcome to IDO….with 2 guys fishing have one guy sit ontop of the Otter box while going out. Take your time and go slow and its an effective way to travel 2 people on a wheeler with the Otter box taking up the traditional area for the 2nd fisherman.

That would be one way to do it. Albeit the passenger would have to have an oxygen mask in order to deal with the altitude. ;-) Seriously though, either on the seat or on top of the box would be an invitation for a ticket from the DNR here in MI on a one up bike.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.