Summerizing Ice-augers?

• MikeT1
    St. Paul, MN

Now that the ice season is over for me, I should probably think about putting away the auger. What do you all do when you put them in storage? Should I dump the gas? Should I leave it in and add Stabilizer? Should I run it out of gas? With my old auger I didn’t do anything. I just put it in the basement. Now I have a new 2 hp Lazer Mag. I want to take good care of it!

Thanks in advance,
    Mike T.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Mike T.:

I pour the gas out of my auger, then fire it up and run it until it dies and put it away. Then I take the 24:1 gas and add twice as much gas to make it 50:1 for my other tools so that that gas doesn’t have to sit around the whole summer nor do I have to stabilize it. I have so many 50:1 tools that it just makes it that much easier.

I know that there will probably be guys who will have you fill the tank and put stabill or another stabilizer in it. I think that way works well and may be better for your diaphram and other parts that need moisture on them to keep them from cracking. Good luck!!!

Mark

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I drain the tank on the auger. Thats all I’ve ever done too.

I generally have less than a quarter gallon of gas left over in the can. I just pour in to the boat and dilute it with 30 gallons of fresh stuff.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

I empty the tank and then run out whatever gas if left. Then I take the plug out and put alittle oil into the cylinder, replace the plug (without the plug wire hooked up)give it a coulpe pulls and put her up until the next ice.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I also shoot some fogging oil into the cylinder. Same with my snow blower.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.