Ice updates?

• brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Any ice updates? I’ll be up Sunday and Monday fishing out of the Door. Hope this warm spell doesn’t affect that crack near shore too bad. Haven’t heard much for fishing reports up that way, any updates appreciated.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

People are driving out in Ilsle bay.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

They have been driving on wahkon and cove bay since the same time, late November.

nubbinbuck

Has there been any vehicle traffic onto the ice by Garrison?

I appreciate it.

I’d like to try to get up there this weekend, and throw the tip ups out for Pike.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Howdy nubbinbuck, Long time no see!

The link here is the webcam at Twin Pines resort. Looks like they are staging now. Not sure how far out the are driving. Might want to give them a call.

http://www.twinpinesmillelacs.com/webcam.jpg

edit – this link will work better if you open in a new browser window. (full screen.)

-J.

nubbinbuck

Any comments on what has happened to the ice since last weekend? Thinking of running up again tomorrow.

On Sunday, I measured 13″ of good ice off of Garrison. Trucks were being driven out to the 1st ice heave. After that, ATVs/Sleds only.

Thanks.

PS – got a nice 24″ walleye on a tip up. Hit a lg Sucker, during the middle of the afternoon.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Tuesday we had a lot of standing water out of The Red Door Resort. Today Christmas eve we have less water as the ice has absorbed a lot of it. I did drill some drain holes around a few houses allowing them to drain off.

I’m looking forward to colder weather this weekend.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Some buddies and I have had mixed success with drilling “drain holes” around our shack. Not sure why.

Attachments:
    1. drainHolesIceShackBlunder.jpg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.