Ice Reports

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

North end of Roosie.
    Spud barred and drilled my way out to the walleye honey hole.
    Rock solid 6″ to 7″.

Game on!!!

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

5″ of clear strong ice on a lake near Fredrick Wis. on Thursday. Fishing good. Tried my local lake Byllesby tonight after seeing 10 outfits in the parking lot. Walked out aways and drilled a hole. 3″ which moved when hopped on. Not enuf for this old fart. Its a reservoir so its entirely possible there is less somewhere else. ie I cant believe I found the thinnest ice first hole. Be careful

Jake

Anyone know the ice situation West metro? A buddy and I are planning on hitting a smaller lake in the Lake Waconia area for some panfish on Sunday.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Anyone know the ice situation West metro? A buddy and I are planning on hitting a smaller lake in the Lake Waconia area for some panfish on Sunday.

Should be good as long as there are no streams and its not really deep. Smaller bays on tonka have been fishable for a week. Was out on a small bay on tonka last Sunday and there was about 2″ of ice. Even with the warm weather yesterday I bet that same bay has 4-5″ now.

I’ll be headed out in a few hours and will give an update

As is always the case I highly recommend you bring a spud and check conditions as you go. Some ice picks, a floating suit or life jacket and a buddy along with are also good ideas during early ice

deertracker

Douglas County, MN
    DT

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20201219-113148.png

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I was out in Chisago area yesterday and found 4-5 inches the two lakes we fished. Nothing but tiny perch and sunnies as far as fish go.

maddogg

I just checked the ice here (south central Wis.)4″ close to shore 2 to 3 out 20 yards. Hopefully a couple more days to go.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.