Ice on North side

• Logan Krieger

Has anyone heard anything from red door or north side of the lake after the rain and snow. Trying to get out by ATV with chains. I had a friend on the south side of the lake tonight. Deep slush! It was bad, only way you can get out is by tracks/snowmobile.

tangler
    Inactive

Agate bay was in great condition today.

Logan Krieger

Thank you for your replies. Still conflicted about going out. How are the cracks doing right now?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

A day on the lake is better then a good day at work.

Thank you for your replies. Still conflicted about going out. How are the cracks doing right now?

Logan Krieger

We’ll I went out on the north end with no problems with a ATV with chains. I was fishing by 530am. Walleye didn’t seem to be on the mud flats yet, but we did miss a few bites. We moved 4 times then got into them as the sun was going down. We had 11inch to 13 1/2inchs of ice. You could see where it had gotten slushie days before.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Finally jigged the dust off my fishing gear this weekend on the North end. Plenty of ice most places, but did come across one spot that was about 8″ of ice, 5″ of which was frozen slush and only 3″ of good clear ice at the bottom. I’d be very careful if I was going out with any heavier equipment like a sleeper house or truck. We got a bit of a late start but did alright caught about a dozen from 9am-1pm, and they were all nice healthy 16-20″ers.

Logan Krieger

Yeah trucks won’t be out for a while.. and if things don’t turn around fast. They won’t be out at all. Our smallest was 12in. Biggest was 22in. Many of our fish were 19in.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

We did good out on mud flats, took side by sides all the way out. Between 3 guys we probably caught around 50 eyes Friday and Saturday total. Friday was definitely better. Most fish came during day from 10-3. Had probably half dozen 24+ with biggest 26. As a bonus got to chat with Will for a bit afterwards! Super nice guy!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.