Ice jigs

• Dink buster

What size jigs are best for panfish and what are your favorite places to buy them

Tharin Benson
    NE Iowa

3mm to 4mm
    Widow Maker-http://widowmakerlures.com/
    Fiskas-https://www.yourbobbersdown.com/default.asp

Ryan Wilson

I use 2.5mm-5mm from Fiskas. yourbobbersdown.com

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Typically anything 1/8th oz or lighter will get you into most panfish morsels. Even crappies when they get to the 12″ in length will start engulfing lures in the 1/2 oz weight easily and sometimes no qualms about biting 1 oz in weight jigs and spoons.

Dan Baker

My favorite is the Lindy Tungsten Toad #12. I really like the placement of the line tie.
    Dan

I really like the placement of the line tie.
    Dan

I really like 3-5mm tungsten with the line tie hole perpendicular to the hook so I can adjust the hang of the jig by moving the knot position.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

I use 3mm for the extra finicky ones, 4 or 5 for early or late ice ones that are more aggressive. I got a couple Frostbite ones but I get most of them from ice shows where they’re cheaper.

zooks

It’s user error for sure but I have a problem sticking fish with a 3mm jig, the size 14 hooks are just too small for me. I use 4mm and 5mm because they have at least a size 12 hook or bigger.

Fiskas, Lindy, and CS&J make nice jigs but I have a hard time paying $3 per jig, have also bought some from ampedoutdoors.com and they seem pretty nice as well, good color selection and they’ve been durable so far.

Jason Guthmiller

I use as big as they will bite. I have a lot of fiskas and clam. I usually buy them at the end of the year when they are on clearance.

curleytail

4 mm is my go to for most of the year. Almost always tipped with a Little Atom micro nuggie. Finicky fish I’ll sometimes go to a 3mm with part of a wedgie. For more active crappies sometimes a 5mm with regular size Nuggie.

I have a handful of Fiskas from Your Bobbers Down but for the price I have been getting more of the Customs Jigs and Spins Chekai jigs lately. I also have a couple of the Majmun (or however they spell it, I forget now) in small sizes for finicky fish too.

Every now and then a small spoon or the smallest Rippin Rap will get them going too.

Tucker

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.