Ice fishing with my Uncle Mike from Minnesota!

• Tyler Thimsen

Anyone have that family member they wish they fished with more? I have a lot in my family to be honest but one of them is my Uncle Mike. It’s been over TWO DECADES since we’ve last fished together and I got to go ice fishing with him! He is one of my main influences to loving fishing and some of my earliest fishing memories are with him and/or my Dad.

My uncle was out here last week visiting my mom and helping her while she was recovering from knee surgery (She’s a very busy woman). She knows how much we both love fishing and really wanted us to get away for an afternoon…So we did just that.

Fun day but a bit of a grind…He was the only one to land any fish, glad he did so we both didn’t get skunked!! Still a blast out there though with him…Heard a lot of stories about Lake of the Woods, Mille Lacs, and multiple others. Hoping to be up there(Minnesota) this Summer to fish some of those 10,000 Lakes that I haven’t fished since I was a child.

Ice thickness – 16″ with near 2 feet of snow on top of that.
    Weather was nice when we got there but turned windy and miserable as the day went on haha.

Hope you enjoy the video! Short but sweet today

Attachments:
    1. Rainbow1.jpg

2. Rainbow2.jpg

3. brown1.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.