ice fishing line

• C. Steele

I bought some 3lb line as I wanted, but I accidently bought it trilene micro ice 3lb in the “solar” color. its a green color and i dont know if i should trust it to be clear. anybody else ever use this color of line, or should i just go buy a new spool of clear 3 lb? I only use my mono for leader, since i use light braid on my reels. anyone with any info or experience, please teach me!

Gilgetter

I bought some 3lb line as I wanted, but I accidently bought it trilene micro ice 3lb in the “solar” color. its a green color and i dont know if i should trust it to be clear. anybody else ever use this color of line, or should i just go buy a new spool of clear 3 lb? I only use my mono for leader, since i use light braid on my reels. anyone with any info or experience, please teach me!

I use that line. I like it because it’s easier to see. I’ve never seemed to have an issue with the color. That being said I don’t often fish lakes with phenomenal clarity.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I use high viz line ice fishing pretty regularly. Just easier to use. I’ve never had it hurt my results enough to get rid of it.

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

I use it cought lots of pan fish on it 😋

C. Steele

Thanks for the info Gentleman. Im heading out to the ice now, matter of fact.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

I use the orange all the time.

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

You can always tie in a short length of clear mono or flouro carbon.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I use the same line and really like it

Ranger188VS

I have used it with good results and also Stren crappie mono. I sometimes add a fluro tippet material with a blood knot. Hi viz lines are easy to see and the fish don’t mind the color.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.