Ice Fishing Jackets, What’s Your Favorite?

• TMF89

Have the Striker Hardwater bibs and jacket which are super warm, but not super lightweight. I rarely wear the jacket unless conditions are super poor. I’m excited to try some Blackfish stuff I ordered over Black Friday, the Stormskin Gale hoodie and insulated softshell pants. I’m thinking with a few layers underneath, I might not even need my bibs if it’s relatively nice out. Would definitely not have a problem going with Striker again though, although they’re pretty proud of their product at this point (admittedly for good reason)!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I picked up the Apex over the weekend and am stoked to use it this weekend.
    They put quite a bit of thought into this one. I like the way the bibs come up a couple inches more than usual and the suspenders have 2 small rubber tracks on them to keep from slipping off your shoulders.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charlie W wrote:</div>
    … and I certainly won’t be buying a float suit again.

Huh, how come?

Big and bulky. There’s better fitting options out there now with different technology that are warmer and comfier. I have stopped going on sketchy ice but if I were to and didn’t have a float suit there’s always life jackets.

I also feel they give a false sense of security to people who physically cannot get out of the water if they were to fall through. All the safety measures only go so far until you’re by yourself and/or are too out of shape to get out or even be pulled out by a guy who cannot lift you. Just a thought.

CaptainMusky

the suspenders have 2 small rubber tracks on them to keep from slipping off your shoulders.

This is about the only complaint I have with my climate bibs other than the insanely small breast pockets on the bibs. I cannot even get my hands in there.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I picked up the Apex over the weekend and am stoked to use it this weekend.
    They put quite a bit of thought into this one. I like the way the bibs come up a couple inches more than usual and the suspenders have 2 small rubber tracks on them to keep from slipping off your shoulders.

At a grand for the suit it’s very hard to justify. I want the same one. But I’ll wait for the end of season half off deal like I did with my climate

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.