Ice conditions Frederickson Wis area

• captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

My favorite lake is near Fredrickson Wis, 2 hrs away from my house. With the recent cold snap I’m hoping the lakes are fishable in that area. Any intel on ice thickness and snow depth would be appreciated. Trying not to do a 4 hr sight seeing trip. lol. Local shop thought 4-5″ ice and the same amount of snow but his info dated. Thanks.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Where is that? Any other towns near there?

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

Fredrickson is about 30 mile NE of St. Croix falls/Centuria area.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I know that area pretty well and I am pretty sure there is no town up there with that name. I have hunting land in Frederic and I am up there almost every weekend, but don’t know Frederickson….unless that is a code name to keep the lake a secret. Either way, I don’t know how much ice there is anywhere as I haven’t been out yet.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

It will totally depend on the lake. Our cabin is in the Cumberland area. Our Lake (Sand Lake) just froze over last week. My guess is this weekend there may be 6 inches. Other lakes in the area froze over earlier November could have over a foot of ice.

jld
    Holmen

I am friends with a local guy in the Radisson/Winter area near our cabin and according to him ice conditions are tough. They have about 4-6” on most lakes but the snow the last two weeks has made fishing access tough. He is telling me the local bait stores are seeing very little foot traffic. The snow is creating a ton of pressure on top of what ice they have.

B-man

I know that area pretty well and I am pretty sure there is no town up there with that name. I have hunting land in Frederic and I am up there almost every weekend, but don’t know Frederickson….unless that is a code name to keep the lake a secret. Either way, I don’t know how much ice there is anywhere as I haven’t been out yet.

It’s near Luckenson and Sirenson mrgreen

There’s not a lot of lakes near Frederic, but the few that are there are small.

You will have safe walkable ice, but there will definitely be snow/slush to deal with.

Some of the “bigger” lakes like Mud Hen and Wood could definitely have some thin spots.

Use caution no matter where you go (spud bar, foam vest), especially if you’re the first tracks out.

A little farther north really got pounded, those lakes are probably screwed. We got clobbered after Thanksgiving in Trego. Lots of snow there. Lake travel has to be a nightmare of slush from there to Lake Superior.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20191211-210541.png

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Sitting in the stand today and Frederic got pounded with snow, plowed out last weekend and another 8-10 is here. You are pretty much limited to track vehicle travel. I am guessing the ice is not very good and if it is it will be hard to get there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.