Ice Castle Artic insulation option

• captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

Worth the extra $1500? Would like to hear from someone whos had both that could provide a sense of how much warmer they are. Tx

Jeff McClintock

I have only had one with it and like it. The other advantage is mice will not eat the spray foam so it seems to keep them out for the most part.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I have only had one with it and like it. The other advantage is mice will not eat the spray foam so it seems to keep them out for the most part.

X2 nice for resale also.

Ice Cap

I always have a problem paying for upgrades it should have come with already. It’s a “Ice” Castle. Shouldn’t have to pay $1500 for a decent a insulation package. Insulate it the way it needs to be and build the price into the msrp.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I have not owned one, and never will, but have many friends that do. If you don’t get the foam you will regret it. The regular insulation is very poor and fit is horrible.

dbright
    Cambridge

I have friends with it and without. If it was my money I absolutely would have it. I am on the same page that it should be standard not a option.

Terry Heese

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jeff McClintock wrote:</div>
    The other advantage is mice will not eat the spray foam so it seems to keep them out for the most part.

Ice castle use different spray foam than a boat? Don’t know if they eat it or not but mice will make a mess out of flotation spray foam.

Forrest Melton
    Alexandria, MN

Our last IC was a 2016 8×17 with regular insulation. There were times we had a small frost build up in the rear corners under the bench seats. Current IC is a 2019 8×21 with artic insulation. We have had no frost in rear corners.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

100% worth it. I would not touch a house without spray foam insulation and here’s why.

The spray foam adds an incredible amount of rigidity to the entire house. It also insulates extremely well but more than anything it’s basically like dipping the whole thing in a bunch of glue to hold it together. Batting insulation will slide down the walls and definitely have gaps on the insulation.

As far as resale goes I think it’s worth about $3,000 maybe more. So the $1,500 investment now is a no-brainer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.