Pleasant Creek 7-7-04

• Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Just wanted to take a minute to report on our trip to PC yesterday. Dad and I and my buddies Tony and Bill went over there to break in Dad’s recently purchased pontoon boat.
    The temps. were COLD especially when you jacket is in your van back in Vinton! There was a breeze that kept a chop on the water. We started in a little cove on the south bank and caught a bunch of perch—some 8 to 8 1/2 inches long that are soaking in lemon water right now. Then we moved down to the sunken island and caught more perch, a few gills and a lot of sublegal bass–the biggest was a 16 1/2 incher I caught–fun on an ultralight.
    Also got some channel cats–I got a 25 and 20 1/2 inchers. Dad got one about 2 1/2 pounds–those all came on wicked sticky stink bait from Junnies I bought for the first time at Theisens cause it was on sale. Dad also got a smaller cat on crawler.
    The bass and perch took everything from minnows to leaches to worms–and from bobber to bottom.
    It was a great day and we LOVED the boat. What a nice way to fish–did not even feel like seven hours on the water!

–Whitey

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Good deal Whitey!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.