I thought it was an Internet Joke….

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

There’s a cashier there with a SPECTACULAR rack, seriously one of the nicest sets I’ve ever seen

And not only that, he’s a really nice guy

B-Man. You crack me up. Have a Fun weekend with those boys. Hope their plan on the crappie works out for them. If not I’m sure they will have fun looking for a plan that does work out for them.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

The problem with most of the arguments made here boil down to a simple construct:

Different = wrong

I don’t subscribe to that construct but I realize because my take is different than others on this thread I am dismissed as wrong.

While I disagree, I’ll respect your opinions and move on.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

And yes, I have young children. I also have friends with children dealing with serious mental health challenges around their identity. It’s heartbreaking to see how they are ridiculed and not accepted when they want to be a normal kid. And you know what? It’s adults that are the least accepting and intolerant

Matt – What do you believe is the cause or reason for all the mental Health issues and identity issues these days. I truly believe that both Kids and some adults are far more accepting and tolerant these days than in the past. I would have to guess that had you started dressing up and acting like a cat or wanted to be treated as a girl, it would not have gone well for you. If I’m wrong on this let me know. But here you are today fully excepting of it. I know for sure the kids in my youth would have been far less accepting of these kind of issues than they are today. As far as a kid being accepted as a normal kid, would it not be easier if they simply acted like a normal kid rather than doing thing to stand out as different?

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

The problem with most of the arguments made here boil down to a simple construct:

Different = wrong

I don’t subscribe to that construct but I realize because my take is different than others on this thread I am dismissed as wrong.

While I disagree, I’ll respect your opinions and move on.

I’m all for accepting differences. We are all different after all. I have nothing against any race, religion, or belief.
    Adult humans pretending to be animals is not that. It’s a mental condition and/or a cry for help. We shouldn’t be normalizing it or encouraging it. We should be rallying together to get them the help they need so they can be proud of who they are.
    It’s a bleak future for anyone who thinks they need to be a cat to be accepted by society.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

You guys are missing my broader point…maybe I’m doing a poor job of communicating it.

Acceptance and understanding go a long ways. How does that saying go…”you can’t understand a man until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.” Our society has devolved into a right versus wrong culture. My point is larger than someone wearing a cat suit at a Walmart. My point is that we should seek to understand others before we summarily dismiss them.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

”you can’t understand a man until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.”

Well, in this case, you’re a mile away and have their shoes. So you should be ok. jester

-J.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

You guys are missing my broader point…maybe I’m doing a poor job of communicating it.

Acceptance and understanding go a long ways. How does that saying go…”you can’t understand a man until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.” Our society has devolved into a right versus wrong culture. My point is larger than someone wearing a cat suit at a Walmart. My point is that we should seek to understand others before we summarily dismiss them.

Our society should be a right and wrong culture.
    I agree. We should try to understand these people, so we can better help them get the professional help they desperately need.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

If, as an adult you want to dress up as a cat go for it.

But keep the gender affirming BS out of the schools. Period.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

We are conflating two separate topics imo. Furries are just the latest counter culture thing kids are doing, like Goths, Punk Rockers, Grunge, hippies etc. of years past, they have existed forever previously and will last forever moving forward.

jimmysiewert

For the uniformed Social Media Keyboard warriors: There has never been cat litter put in a school.

This is what is destroying this country – people believing the crap they see on Social Media as the truth!!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

^I’ve been involved with coaching for ~15 years, have done some AD work, taught some classes, and network with coaches and educators quite often across MN, WI, and Iowa. All are well aware the litter box thing was a political, fear mongering, fictional creation. There are exactly 0 in schools.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I cant speak for others, But I believe I’m getting your broader point just fine. The problem I have is that it seems its always on the Majority to understand and accept the minority when it comes to these issues. Should it not work the other way around or at least both ways?

The definition of Norm is as follows:

a principle of right action binding upon the members of a group and serving to guide, control, or regulate proper and acceptable behavior

a standard or pattern, especially of social behavior, that is typical or expected of a group.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I think all these cultural changes are happening because of a lack of God in society. Our old societal norms and values were stemmed in Christian teachings. Todays norms, not so much. I went to church Sunday morning and didn’t see a signal cat in attendance. Controversial take, I know, I’ll go back to work now. Also, I have found there to be a great smallmouth bite on the Upper Mississippi, been hammering chunkers with Bomber cranks. Happy Friday!

Jimmy Jones

As far as a kid being accepted as a normal kid, would it not be easier if they simply acted like a normal kid rather than doing thing to stand out as different?

Blame the parents for saying it’s ok to be different…. even if it goes against the social norms.

I’m of the belief that YOU can do whatever YOU want to do or believe in, just don’t try to force it down my throat or change laws to force it down my throat. Its been said that we all need to recognize/acknowledge these weird beliefs of others, but we do not have to agree with them, nor do we have to abide in or except them. I think that’s the crux of the original post.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

For the uniformed Social Media Keyboard warriors: There has never been cat litter put in a school.
    This is what is destroying this country – people believing the crap they see on Social Media as the truth!!

Not yet. There was a time that men were not allowed in women’s bathrooms or Feminine hygiene products in men’s restrooms either. But yet here we are. Its really not a stretch to see the day where a Litter box ends up in a school bathroom

CaptainMusky

Jimmy couldn’t have said it better myself and I say that all that time. You do you, I’ll do me.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m of the belief that YOU can do whatever YOU want to do or believe in, just don’t try to force it down my throat or change laws to force it down my throat. Its been said that we all need to recognize/acknowledge these weird beliefs of others, but we do not have to agree with them, nor do we have to abide in or except them. I think that’s the crux of the original post.

100% agree.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>

I cant speak for others, But I believe I’m getting your broader point just fine. The problem I have is that it seems its always on the Majority to understand and accept the minority when it comes to these issues. Should it not work the other way around or at least both ways?

The definition of Norm is as follows:

a principle of right action binding upon the members of a group and serving to guide, control, or regulate proper and acceptable behavior

a standard or pattern, especially of social behavior, that is typical or expected of a group.

This is my point about being a right and wrong culture. Never did I say we have to understand the minority point of view but they get a pass. This is reciprocal but everyone gets so caught up on their point they can’t understand (or try to) others. This absolutely goes both ways.

CaptainMusky

This is my point about being a right and wrong culture. Never did I say we have to understand the minority point of view but they get a pass. This is reciprocal but everyone gets so caught up on their point they can’t understand (or try to) others. This absolutely goes both ways.

I don’t really care to understand but respect their views I am always open to listening and it may or may not change my mind

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I’m more worried about the guy walking next to her carrying the case of Mikes hard lemonade.

JEREMY
    BP

Now you making assumptions. How do you know that cats a girl and the other ones a guy? Maybe hes really a squirrel dressed as a human.

riverbassman

People actually believe the litter boxes thing? And they can vote doah

Anyways, I’m done using the super woke gender neutral bathroom with period products in my house and going back to bed.

I could care less how people dress, act or what they think they are I get a bigger kick out of how people are so obsessed with how they do the above.
    The litter box thing…. One day Im fishing with a group of guys and they have this same conversation and start ranting how their school district has litter boxes and one guy even said his kid seen it and its true. I happen to know the lead Janitor for said school so I called him up, on speaker phone for the group. He said that no way there was litter boxes and there had been no discussion to put one in. The conversation got heated because one of the guys accused the janitor of calling his kid a liar. I knew then, we as a republic are doomed!

Viewing 22 posts - 61 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘I thought it was an Internet Joke….’ is closed to new replies.