I thought it was an Internet Joke….

• supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

I saw a girl dressed up in very strange makeup/clothing this summer (not an animal but quite colorful) at an outdoor event. I was watching her and the whole time her group was visiting her eyes were darting around at whoever was walking by. It was obvious she was watching to see who was looking at her or noticing her apearance. I believe they are nothing more than attention seeking folks who for whatever reason are in dire need of being noticed, nothing more than that. Just a spinoff of people who post every aspect of their lives on facebook or social media as if anyone really cares.

Feel sorry for them actually.

X2

Snake ii’s

It’s the “look at me” generation fueled by social media. They’re conditioned to seek attention, no matter what.

Being ignored is more hurtful than negative reaction.

jwellsy

At least these folks can change their costume periodically, unlike the permanent gender reassignment of grade school kids that just wanted to try being a dinosaur.

blank

I saw a girl dressed up in very strange makeup/clothing this summer (not an animal but quite colorful) at an outdoor event. I was watching her and the whole time her group was visiting her eyes were darting around at whoever was walking by. It was obvious she was watching to see who was looking at her or noticing her apearance. I believe they are nothing more than attention seeking folks who for whatever reason are in dire need of being noticed, nothing more than that. Just a spinoff of people who post every aspect of their lives on facebook or social media as if anyone really cares.

Feel sorry for them actually.

Like taking a picture of someone in public and feeling the need to share it on a fishing forum (social media) to ridicule them, as if anyone really cares.

Curt

Like taking a picture of someone in public and feeling the need to share it on a fishing forum (social media) to ridicule them, as if anyone really cares.
    [/quote]

No clue what you’re referencing.

B-man

He was referencing me.

It’s okay though, I’m not offended.

—————————————

But only because I have thick skin

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240809-075636.png

Pitter patter

The people who grump the most about these kinds of things are probably hiding something about themselves, that’s what angers them most. Usually the bully who’s getting bullied at home kinda thing.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

B-man, all I can say is I don’t think you moved far enough north! peace I can definitely see you and family happy living completely off the grid!

-J.

Brittman

The whole litter box thing is an urban legend that unfortunately ultra-right conservative podcasters fell for … hook, line, and sinker.

Even the MN Republican candidate for governor last election cycle made an erroneous comment on that one … he was on FOX the other day talking about Walz.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

rotflol rotflol rotflol i must be a real old fashioned pill then.

when my kids and stepkids lived at home, the boys werent allowed any piercings, the girls only normal piercings. my stepdaughter came home with her tongue pierced. she was given the ultimatum, take it out of move out. she took it out!!!!!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

For the people that are ok with this and accommodate, accept and encourage these people. How many of you have young kids? Are you ok with having litter boxes in the school and tampons in the boys restrooms?

Are you kidding me? Accepting someone for being different is exactly what you should be teaching your kids. Quit spewing this garbage and lies about litter boxes in classrooms. Teaching kids intolerance is dangerous.

And yes, I have young children. I also have friends with children dealing with serious mental health challenges around their identity. It’s heartbreaking to see how they are ridiculed and not accepted when they want to be a normal kid. And you know what? It’s adults that are the least accepting and intolerant.

Stanley

I bet she’s fun in the litter box or at purrrties jester

dirtywater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>walleyesforme wrote:</div>
    For the people that are ok with this and accommodate, accept and encourage these people. How many of you have young kids? Are you ok with having litter boxes in the school and tampons in the boys restrooms?

Are you kidding me? Accepting someone for being different is exactly what you should be teaching your kids. Quit spewing this garbage and lies about litter boxes in classrooms. Teaching kids intolerance is dangerous.

And yes, I have young children. I also have friends with children dealing with serious mental health challenges around their identity. It’s heartbreaking to see how they are ridiculed and not accepted when they want to be a normal kid. And you know what? It’s adults that are the least accepting and intolerant.

Thank you Matt.

walleyesforme

Accepting? Intolerant? Why should I accept someone if they can’t even accept themselves for what/who they are? It’s attitudes like yours that fuel these whack jobs. I teach my kid what’s right and what’s wrong and that’s all there is to it.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

It’s this mentality that causes identity issues. Parents should be teaching kids to be proud of who they are and what they look like.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Accepting? Intolerant? Why should I accept someone if they can’t even accept themselves for what/who they are? It’s attitudes like yours that fuel these whack jobs. I teach my kid what’s right and what’s wrong and that’s all there is to it.

It’s this mentality that causes identity issues. Parents should be teaching kids to be proud of who they are and what they look like.

BINGO!!! applause

CaptainMusky

Exactly. We have reached a point in society where kids are afraid of who they are. I actually had my oldest son who is now 23 tell me that he was ashamed to be a white male. Really? I said to him you have NOTHING to be ashamed of. You have never harmed anyone in your life, our family and ancestors never had slaves and we have had no one ever arrested or put in prison. Sad.

Riverrat

Its not nice to bully people. The young girl across the street dresses up often. She lives with her grandma and she’s there because of trauma in her home. If some old dude that thinks his poop doesn’t stink was out there taking pictures of her and making rude comments, it wouldn’t go like that for very long. Not very long at all.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Its everyone’s right to do stuff like that. Have at it.
    Just don’t legislate it as normal for the majority and force it on people.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

B-Man this was pretty shocking to me the first time I saw it in real life too. I talked to my 13 year old neighbor kid, who confirmed there are many like this in his school. And you know what? I came to realize these kids don’t actually think they are cats/dogs etc., they are just attention seeking kids, often with terrible home lives where they don’t get the love and attention they need, and are the same kids as the Goth Kids were when we were in HS. And, imo, unless they truly believe they are an animal, this is entirely separate from Body/Gender Dysmorphia conversation.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

My son asked about this last year because a person was dressing up like this in his school. We talked. This person was always seeking attention. First it started with a tail and the person got the attention it was seeking. But that diminished in a couple of weeks. So that person stepped it up with ears. Then a couple of weeks later added face paint. Every time the attention resided the person would add something to bring it back up.

I am happy to identify as anything if it gets me out of paying taxes. Doesn’t even have to be all taxes.

dirtywater

I teach my kid what’s right and what’s wrong and that’s all there is to it.

Woof. That must be exhausting — and not just for your kids but for you.

You know what I think is right? Letting human beings make their own choices and live their lives in whatever way makes them feel good about being on this planet for the short time they have here.

I raised my kids under some pretty simple guidelines. Be kind, don’t hurt people, tell the truth, take care of the planet, and be skeptical of people who insist they are RIGHT. Somehow they have grown up to be productive humans. Probably dumb luck.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

This has been a solid read toast

isu22andy

Way to go B-man jester You got IDO fired up . Im staying out of it . Its friday almost fishing time. toast

maddogg

If I identify as a cat do I need a fishing license?

walleyesforme

I teach my kid what’s right and what’s wrong and that’s all there is to it.

Woof. That must be exhausting — and not just for your kids but for you.

You know what I think is right? Letting human beings make their own choices and live their lives in whatever way makes them feel good about being on this planet for the short time they have here.

I raised my kids under some pretty simple guidelines. Be kind, don’t hurt people, tell the truth, take care of the planet, and be skeptical of people who insist they are RIGHT. Somehow they have grown up to be productive humans. Probably dumb luck.

I’d definitely agree with the dumb luck theory.

JEREMY
    BP

Are you kidding me? Accepting someone for being different is exactly what you should be teaching your kids

Being different like being black or asian or any nationality or tall or skinny or short or fat I get it. Dressing like a cat or some other animal in school is disruptive and should not be allowed. And the tampons in men/boys bathrooms is a damn disgrace.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Not gonna lie. If I ever have someone come in for a job interview with a tail, ears, and whisker tattoos…. they’re probably not going to get the job.

Be careful there. That would probably end up with you in court for discrimination.

B-man

Heck yeah Isu22andy, good luck fishing!

I’m taking the boys down to the land for some camping and fishing this weekend. They have a master plan of trolling for crappies with cranks and mini boards in their jon boat.

On my way home I’m going to pick up snacks at the Holiday on 27th in Duluth.

There’s a cashier there with a SPECTACULAR rack, seriously one of the nicest sets I’ve ever seen waytogo

And not only that, he’s a really nice guy rotflol rotflol

Peace out guys and have a great weekend! mrgreen

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Its a crazy world we live in, and it gets crazier every day. For some on here I don’t think there is every a line that they feel is to far. I just have no idea where all this will end, or how it will end up effecting our society. Some feel all this craziness is good for society and other feel its bad. Only time will tell. As a 60 yr. old white male, I’m just glad I will not be around in 40 years to have to see the results. I do feel bad for the young people today who will, and have to live with the results.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘I thought it was an Internet Joke….’ is closed to new replies.