I thought it was an Internet Joke….

• B-man

I thought people dressing like an animal in public was just a joke to grab headlines…But last weekend Alagnak Pete told me it was real.

Today I saw my first real-life mental patient dressed as a cat…you gotta be kidding me roll

She had ears, a tail and whiskers “painted on,” which I pray to all that is holy was just makeup and not tattoos (but I think they were tattoos).

They are out there and they are real. And they can vote doah

When I was a kid I wanted to be a Dinosaur.

You know what my Dad said????

“STOP ACTING LIKE A FU#KING DINOSAUR!!!”

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240808-192406.png

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

down right scary!!!!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Was she purring? jester

Yea I hear ya… pretty sad! crazy roll

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I know your traumatized, but please, show me where on the doll where they touched you.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I know your traumatized, but please, show me where on the doll where they touched you.

You’re *

Friend of yours?

B-man

“Your” kidding me right? rotflol

I’m more concerned for her trying to get a job and have the ability to contribute to society.

Not gonna lie. If I ever have someone come in for a job interview with a tail, ears, and whisker tattoos…. they’re probably not going to get the job.

Sorry for being so insensitive mrgreen

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Says a lot about a person that they feel the need to call someone a mental patient based on how they look.

Did you call them a mental patient to their face or are you just looking for internet points?

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Says a lot about a person that they feel the need to call someone a mental patient based on how they look.

Did you call them a mental patient to their face or are you just looking for internet points?

Would you let her baby sit your kids?

Do you identify as a cat? You sure pounced all over this thread from somewhere in the weeds.

B-man

I’m in it for the internet points toast

She obviously wants some attention and is now the total random topic on a Thursday night fishing forum.

I thought about striking up a conversation in the store but knew I wouldn’t be able to keep my $hit together (in the litter box) rotflol

Now that I’m an adult it gets harder and harder for me to play make-believe with other people. Still try though.

B-man

Grubson I’m f-ing dyin jester

But purrrhaps I should be more accepting and understanding.

Timmy

As a side note, I STILL kinda want to be a dinosaur.

B-man

As a side note, I STILL kinda want to be a dinosaur.

We should totally go fishing together in our dinosaur suits.

Bring your braid rods though, trust me…

Setting the hook with T-Rex arms isn’t nearly as easy as it looks, but I’ve been getting better at it.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’ve been busy coaching my kids sports for the last 5 months and haven had my boat in the water since April when we were at the rainy river. Really haven’t had a reason to check in and when I do this is what’s at the top.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I’ve been busy coaching my kids sports for the last 5 months and haven had my boat in the water since April when we were at the rainy river. Really haven’t had a reason to check in and when I do this is what’s at the top.

Well I guess it’s just not worth it for you to stop by until you can lighten up or grow up.
    If you don’t like the thread, leave it alone.
    It’s your first time back and you dig into an argument instantly. I’m really not surprised that you blame us/ this site.
    Go fishing.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Grubson I’m f-ing dyin jester

But purrrhaps I should be more accepting and understanding.

F that. I’m not accepting or understanding that behavior unless it’s Halloween and they’re under 16.

toast

B-man

You’ve missed a lot.

Been assistant coaching the boys baseball team all spring/summer, but pulled off Rainy River, the Brule, LOTW, Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, Isle Royale, St. Louis River, and inland a bunch in the same timeframe.

Gotta make time bud, we only have so much. And I know you’re a good dude, but adults dressed as cats with whisker tattoos???? Come on man

walleyesforme

This stuff is no joke. The worst part is that this woke be whatever you want to be garbage is being forced in our schools. In our area a few school districts recently consolidated and built a new school. They push the woke agenda very hard. it’s no wonder parents are pulling their kids out of that school by the hundreds. I get some people have some wires crossed in their heads but just because they aren’t right doesn’t mean they need to make themselves feel normal by forcing it on everyone else. This crap has gotten way out of hand.

dirtywater

Imagine giving a single sh*t about some random stranger’s choices that have no bearing on your life. jester

Deuces

People have every right to dress up, and we have every right to make fun of it.

Making assumptions as to their character imo falls on childish. We’re adults, we know there are alot of freaky people out there, doesn’t mean they don’t hold jobs like the rest of us.

B-man

Imagine giving a single sh*t about some random stranger’s choices that have no bearing on your life. jester

Did you even read walleyesforme’s post above???

Sharon
    SE Metro

Maybe they were headed to a costume party. Or a dare, a sorority initiation, lost a bet… you name it!

One Halloween years ago I was dressed as a cat for work, and I had to stop at Target for a few things on my way home. I had cats back then and I picked up a bucket of kitty litter while I was there… yep, there I am in line at Target buying kitty litter dressed as a cat! jester jester

B-man

People have every right to dress up, and we have every right to make fun of it.

Making assumptions as to their character imo falls on childish. We’re adults, we know there are alot of freaky people out there, doesn’t mean they don’t hold jobs like the rest of us.

I may be a fool, but if someone wakes up everyday and pretends to be something they’re not…I’m right there with them and under the assumption they’re pretending to be someone they’re not.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Live and let live isn’t a concept understood by most on IDO.

walleyesforme

Seeing these people in public or being behind them in line at a store or wherever it may be does make for some valuable learning moments for my little girl. I have no problem explaining to her how these people can’t accept who they really are and how they can’t be happy being who they really are. “Dad? Why is the cashier wearing a dress when he’s not a girl?” Every time at Sam’s club.

munchy
    NULL

Wait until your kids come home and tell you the school had to put litter boxes in the bathrooms for these whackjobs. This insanity is being fed to these kids at the age they are most impressionable and they are being brainwashed to think it’s completely normal and WE are the crazy ones.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Live and let live isn’t a concept understood by most on IDO.

But, but, but the lazy, good for nothing, weirdo kids today DESERVE this. I mean it’s not like back in the 70s and 80s we had weird kids with long hair that wore ripped jeans and generally looked like they’d never amount to a damn thing.

Well okay, we DID have kids like that, but crabby @ss old codgers straighted then out by telling them to get a haircut and a real job. That fixed them.

Kids respond to judgement.

walleyesforme

For the people that are ok with this and accommodate, accept and encourage these people. How many of you have young kids? Are you ok with having litter boxes in the school and tampons in the boys restrooms?

Reef W

People actually believe the litter boxes thing? And they can vote doah

Anyways, I’m done using the super woke gender neutral bathroom with period products in my house and going back to bed.

Curt

I saw a girl dressed up in very strange makeup/clothing this summer (not an animal but quite colorful) at an outdoor event. I was watching her and the whole time her group was visiting her eyes were darting around at whoever was walking by. It was obvious she was watching to see who was looking at her or noticing her apearance. I believe they are nothing more than attention seeking folks who for whatever reason are in dire need of being noticed, nothing more than that. Just a spinoff of people who post every aspect of their lives on facebook or social media as if anyone really cares.

Feel sorry for them actually.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘I thought it was an Internet Joke….’ is closed to new replies.