• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Not the best photo, but he didn’t stick around long. Southern MN

Attachments:
    1. DSC04420.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Nice. They are fun to see.
    We go on a deer drivee around the area every night and see some monster bucks. As well as numbers.

Attachments:
    1. image000000391.jpg

2. image000000421.jpg

3. image000000411.jpg

Gregg Gunter

Wow, BC that is quite a spread on the last one.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Wow, BC that is quite a spread on the last one.

We keep seeing a 14 point non typical with double drop tines, but he isn’t picture friendly. We also seen the biggest perfect 8 I have ever seen with my own eyes a few nights ago. Picture 2 and 3 are also different bucks both with big spreads

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Jesus. I need to get out more in the summer.

LabDaddy1

That’s insane BC. Now get out of the deer enclosure rotflol

ThunderLund78

I saw a nice little velvet buck browsing on the grassy hillside beside the noise barrier right off the 494/94/694 interchange in Maple Grove last week. Hope he survives. Tough spot for a deer with all that interstate traffic

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Ironic, I seen a big buck at my house yesterday too. See a lot of does and fawns but the bucks typically do a good job of hiding.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Ironic, I seen a big buck at my house yesterday too. See a lot of does and fawns but the bucks typically do a good job of hiding.

Around here they seem to come out every night until 2 weeks before bow season. Then they hide until dark pretty good.
    Right now near me, if you are around beans you are seeing big numbers of deer. Both does and bucks.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Funny the deer I seen was in a bean field. Although if they’re in a corn field you wouldn’t be able to see them.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Around here they seem to come out every night until 2 weeks before bow season. Then they hide until dark pretty good.
    Right now near me, if you are around beans you are seeing big numbers of deer. Both does and bucks.

I believe that. My house is too close to Carlos, there isn’t much for crops. But the big buck I saw yesterday was sneaking along a wood line towards some water.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Funny the deer I seen was in a bean field. Although if they’re in a corn field you wouldn’t be able to see them.

I hunt over a corn field, and the deer generally will go to beans until they start to yellow and then they move in to the corn. Of course this isn’t always the case. But they definitely prefer the beans to start the season.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Yea beans are good early and great glassing spots for bucks.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Guessing those are unhuntable city deer? Or the little old ladys pets that doesnt let anyone hunt?

Soybeans are the name of the game right now. Especially this year with all the rain

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Guessing those are unhuntable city deer? Or the little old ladys pets that doesnt let anyone hunt?

Soybeans are the name of the game right now. Especially this year with all the rain

Negative and negative. No where near the cities. And they are all huntable. Most are on private land that the farmers won’t be letting any one on. But not to far from public land areas.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Sounds like a fun time to start knocking on every piece of property within 2 miles

Riverrat

They’re in the corn now too. I had two different groups jump out on me on Friday night from the corn over the ditch and right into the road. I managed to avoid the deer, a dog, a racoon, and a beaver just trying to make it home from a little fishing. The cooler weather got the animals moving.

Deuces

Been off my typical bike path lately but looking forward to riding into some big bucks from last year in the city here come fall. Would see em in same area almost everytime. 8 and a 10 last year, should be big fellas now.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.