I need new choppers

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well sadly in my last move I can not find my moose hide choppers any where. The place in ely fit them and built them to my hand. I can not get ahold of that shop for the last few months.
    Any suggestions where to buy a nice set of choppers at. Moose deer or what ever. I want nice heavy duty ones that I wear a small wool glove in. Not the 18 dollar fleet farm ones.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Dicks sporting Goods has some deer hide ones that have the wool glove built in for $35. Tried them on and was surprised how good they felt.

Deuces

What is the difference between moose hide and others?

Nothing better than some choppers, I just have the regular $40 ones ya get at Joe’s, but I would be interested in hearing on better ones.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I bought some bison choppers with wool liners off of Etsy last winter. They’re super nice.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What is the difference between moose hide and others?

Nothing better than some choppers, I just have the regular $40 ones ya get at Joe’s, but I would be interested in hearing on better ones.

I believe it’s just the thickness. But mine were hand made at Henry’s in ely as a gift a long time ago and I’m depressed I can’t find them nor get ahold of Henry. I would make the drive to get another pair.

Brad Dimond

Try W.B. Place & Co. in Hartford WI @ (262) 670-5153. We drive past on the way to my in-laws, stop occasionally at the outlet store. My favorite deer hide gloves come from there.

Deuces

Somebody had to

lol

Hookset
    Southern MN

Ubers/center leathers in owatonna has been my go to, MN buisness and quality products!!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Ubers/center leathers in owatonna has been my go to, MN buisness and quality products!!!

Thats what I ended up buying. A pair of big gauntletts and liners.
    I hope the quality is what I’m expecting. I found a few Canadian companies that I will be ordering from as well. Thinking about the trigger finger mitts for work

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Just at L&M today they had choppers from 20 to 50 dollars 20 were split cowhide 50 was deer hide

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.