I need a creamy soup recipe for snapping turtle.

• Deleted

Doing the venison sausage thing with our hunting party soon and I already promised I’d make snapping turtle soup for the guys. Problem is, the old guy who was supposed to get me a fantastic recipe for the soup we had a couple years ago at a local bar….. didn’t come thru. So I’m in need of some help. I’m a pretty good cook so I could just wing it but if you have a proven winner of a recipe. Please help me out and send it or post it. I’ve got the snapping turtle in the freezer yet from last fall. Thanks.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I can take that off your hands so you don’t have to fret over it! devil sorry no turtle soup recipe. Always just baked it.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Get some old socks. Volunteer to clean a wet corner of a feed lot wearing them in old tennis shoes. While you’re doing that have Ma go get some Campbells cream of celery soup. Put the soup in a pot. Chop up the socks and add the shoes and socks to the soup. Simmer for about six hours adding room temperature Hauenstien beer if more liquid is needed. Remove the shoes prior to serving.

If this tastes too good, add some turtle.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Get some old socks. Volunteer to clean a wet corner of a feed lot wearing them in old tennis shoes. While you’re doing that have Ma go get some Campbells cream of celery soup. Put the soup in a pot. Chop up the socks and add the shoes and socks to the soup. Simmer for about six hours adding room temperature Hauenstien beer if more liquid is needed. Remove the shoes prior to serving.

If this tastes too good, add some turtle.

oh Tom!! rotflol mrgreen but yet you eat crappies. whistling rotflol

Deleted

At least he didn’t say hamm’s beer…..

The soup I had at the local bar was so good I had three bowls of it….didn’t even care what people thought of me scarfing the stuff down. Can’t be too hard to make?

Deleted

You need to have Lupe’s tater soup and add the turtle ILO the ham to that!!! waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo

IDO – Lupe’s soup

Sounds good enough to try. I’ve printed it off. Thanks! I will end up making Lupe’s soup as it is written for certain & may yet adapt it to my needs for the turtle soup? Definitely the type of creamy soup with veggies and meat that I’m looking for.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Lupe made it for us at a GTG in Onalaska. Very good!

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

My go to for my creamy soups is 2 cans of mushroom soup and 1 can chedder cheese soup thinned out with half n half and chicken stock. Brown your meat first in dutch oven then sautee veggies(0nions cellary carrots) scrapping bits off the bottom then add rest of ingredients. Makes a world difference in flavor. Adding Cheyanne pepper or chipotle really powder helps pull in the tanginess of the cheddar cheese.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I had these….sweet potato fries. Along with a 1/2″ thick slice of Hormel Cure 81 ham and a bowl of simmered spinach smothered in butter and some vinegar all washed down with a big glass of whole milk then topped off with an ice cold Leinies Creamy Dark lager.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2101.jpg

Deleted

I got a fantastic end result with the turtle soup. Taking Lupe’s Potatoe Soup as a guide, this is what I will use again & again.

Thanks Randy !

Attachments:
    1. 622E8F79-A309-4C0C-910A-20504267D2A9.jpeg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Hey, Lupe gets the credit – I only ate it, then ate seconds….and I think 3rds whistling jester jester

Deleted

Here it is ….

Attachments:
    1. CE683503-5265-4C04-8F90-B799ED6C0944.jpeg

2. CE66A6CF-5B60-4975-B3F1-13E9F8B8EE82.jpeg

3. 5EBDC59D-90C7-4F1C-A36C-79E82A46141A.jpeg

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.