I Fish Pro…Best Rod?

• Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Just received two I Fish Pro setups today, anxiously looking forward to putting them to use this ice season. Just wondering the best rod/reel combos for these. Will be going in to TUCR to order some walleye sticks and I’m sure they can suggest for the I Fish setup, but was hoping to get some feedback from anyone before I go in making demands. cool
    Any suggestions?

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I purchased a LTP rod from TUCR last year for this setup , worked great!

Brian Anderson
    Eden Prairie, MN

ive never used one but id obviously say use a rod that is somewhat tailored to the species you are fishing for….

Also i could be (and probably are) wrong but arent these types of setups not allowed in MN? i thought i heard somewhere that you cant use them…..like i said im probably wrong

-b-

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

ive never used one but id obviously say use a rod that is somewhat tailored to the species you are fishing for….

Also i could be (and probably are) wrong but arent these types of setups not allowed in MN? i thought i heard somewhere that you cant use them…..like i said im probably wrong

-b-

The iFishPro is legal in MN because it doesn’t in any way set the hook for you.

I like the LTP from Tuned Up for walleye, lakers, pike. If I’m after perch, crappie, etc., I’ll go with the TUCR Deadstick.

Brian Anderson
    Eden Prairie, MN

gotcha, so something like the automatic fisherman is illegal because it will set the hook…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

gotcha, so something like the automatic fisherman is illegal because it will set the hook…

Correct.

Brennon Nielson

Hey James what TUCR would u recommend to be used in the ifishpro for trout(rainbows, brooke, splake)? I have a bullwhip, precision, and ltp.

FRS

DUH: What is the Tuned Up Custom Rod LTP?

hless_jon
    SW Wisconsin

DUH: What is the Tuned Up Custom Rod LTP?

Only guessing, but that would be “Lake Trout Precision”?

tucrs
    NW Metro

Lake Trout Pike.
    Or Lake Trout Precision
    Or Lake Trout Pout is my favorite.

We just started calling it that a few years ago.

Everyone has a little different saying but it is larger heavier glass stick perfect for lakers pike and other larger game fish.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey James what TUCR would u recommend to be used in the ifishpro for trout(rainbows, brooke, splake)? I have a bullwhip, precision, and ltp.

If you’re dealing with smaller trout (sub 20″ fish) I’d opt for the Precision. The LTP has a LOT of extra backbone when compared to the Precision and would take the wind out of a 17″ rainbow in a hurry. If you’re dealing with larger trout, over 20″ fish, the LTP might not be a bad idea, particularly if you’re on a body of water where a giant is an everyday possibility.

Brennon Nielson

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brennon Nielson wrote:</div>

If you’re dealing with smaller trout (sub 20″ fish) I’d opt for the Precision. The LTP has a LOT of extra backbone when compared to the Precision and would take the wind out of a 17″ rainbow in a hurry. If you’re dealing with larger trout, over 20″ fish, the LTP might not be a bad idea, particularly if you’re on a body of water where a giant is an everyday possibility.

Well the possibility of a 20-40lb lake trout always exists on my primary lake lol did u guys use the bullwhip and ifishpro on the Henry’s lake episode? I thought I’d jig with my precision and use the ltp or bullwhip with the ifishpro. May have to get a deadstick or possibly a commander to use on my ifishpro lol

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Lake Trout Pike.
    Or Lake Trout Precision
    Or <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Lake Trout Pout is my favorite.

We just started calling it that a few years ago.

Everyone has a little different saying but it is larger heavier glass stick perfect for lakers pike and other larger game fish.

Well here is the answer I was looking for when I opened the thread but I confess I was not specie specific (say that 3 times real fast, go ahead try it rotflol )
    Anyway I liked that it started a good conversation, I typically use tip-ups for pike and Mille Lacs has quite a few big one’s. Other question would be length because a rod setup out on a tip-up could/would be longer than one you’d use sitting in front of a hole jigging?

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I believe the LTP will go up to 38″

Brennon Nielson

My ltp is 40″ I believe they go up pretty long I know they go past 42″ because I debated on a 42″ ltp

tucrs
    NW Metro

We have done them up to 50″!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Well that settles the rod part of the question, the LTP it will be. I can let them recommend length. It was kind of a two part question though…what reel? This whole IFishPro concept is a little different in that you’ll have the rod and reel out there like an unattended dead stick, at least until you can get there once the flag goes up. I’ve always used open spinning reels but the new thing the last few years are these inline reels. I dunno, suggestions??

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Put a baitfeeder spinning reel, no point to an inline reel in your situation.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.