I-Cast What is new??

• Denny O
    Central IOWA

I saw the Ultrex, and I wondered if this was coming in a year or two after I bought into the Ulterra last year. So this is no surprise, BUT what will be?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

What is the Ultrex?

Tyler Smith
    Allegan MI

it is the same thing as the fortrex with built in i-pilot

john23
    St. Paul, MN

If the reviews for the ipilot controls on the ultrex are on par with the xi5, I’ll be interested for sure. If they offer a well thought-out, low profile foot pedal option on top of those reviews, I’ll buy one right away.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

didn’t work, need to delete

What I was trying to show was a screenshot from the video above of the foot pedal.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

*BUMP*

So I haven’t been paying attention to news coming out of ICast 2016. Anybody hearing/seeing things on the internet that are catching their eye, as far as new products are concerned.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ll ask it, since everyone wants to know but is too afraid to ask. Often times on these types of forums people try to put on a certain ‘show’ or ‘persona’, you know the type.

“I always abide by the legal limits”
    “I’ve never kept more than 4 walleye at a time”
    “I only C&R because I’m going to heaven”

That type of thing.

I don’t put forth such a facade however, I am transparent and really I like to think that I ask and say what people really want to ask or say, but they are too afraid of the ramifications to their online rep.

So, here goes.

How’s the pokemon situation? Any rare pokemon or gyms or anything?

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Anybody hearing/seeing things on the internet that are catching their eye, as far as new products are concerned.

I heard and saw of pic of a 250 HP Yammi Big Tiller with steer assist. I can’t find any news release tho.

Attachments:
    1. yammi-tiller-assist-250.jpg

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I hope this is true. It sucks that people who want to run a big tiller are forced to run Mercury.

bradl110

I hope this is true. It sucks that people who want to run a big tiller are forced to run Mercury.

Whats wrong with Mercury? I think Yamaha’s and Mercs are 1 and 2.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

These Magslowl bait will be a huge hit for inshore fishing.

Especially this color (3:01 mark)

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I just have had really good luck with Yamaha motors. Nothing really against Mercury.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’m not sure about these shorts which connect to your fish finder using Wifi to display using it to mirror what is on the screen.

Attachments:
    1. pelagic-4tek-fishing-shorts-icast-2016.jpg

bradl110

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bradl110 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pat McSharry wrote:</div>

I just have had really good luck with Yamaha motors. Nothing really against Mercury.

I totally understand your post because IDO markets yamaha motors. Hence your biased towards others manufactures. In all reality all new motors are all good. each has its pro’s and cons.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I totally understand your post because IDO markets yamaha motors. Hence your biased towards others manufactures. In all reality all new motors are all good. each has its pro’s and cons.

I don’t think your comment is fair to Pat or IDO.

I’m in now way affiliated with IDO and I would never own anything but a Yamaha. Other brands are good but not one has a track record of reliability like a Yamaha. Like everyone says, “get a Yamaha or a good warranty either one is fine.”

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I’ve been a fan of Yamaha far before I started working for In-Depth. I have fished out of a lot of friends boats with Mercury’s and like I said have nothing against them. I have owned a few Yamahas that I really liked and i’m glad that they are finally making a steering assist for their tiller motors so anglers have the option to run a Yamaha if they prefer.

bradl110

I’ve been a fan of Yamaha far before I started working for In-Depth. I have fished out of a lot of friends boats with Mercury’s and like I said have nothing against them. I have owned a few Yamahas that I really liked and i’m glad that they are finally making a steering assist for their tiller motors so anglers have the option to run a Yamaha if they prefer.

I understand where your coming from. And I agree that yamaha makes good motors.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

What are you using the Magslowl to target Pug?

You be styl’in in them shorts, imagine if they would show the time trail like the screen does! jester

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

What are you using the Magslowl to target Pug?

You be styl’in in them shorts, imagine if they would show the time trail like the screen does! jester

Nothing. It’s not available until fall. )

With the feathers on the bottomit, has the profile of a shrimp. That should work just about anywhere it’s salty. But it would be perfect for working the flats.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Yea ok, I knew the new bait is New and as of yet to be out.
    What species would you target with these baits both inland and offshore?

I have friends that winter south. I’m invited to head south to fish this winter while they are there at the keys and in the gulf.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Ah, well typically inshore the most sought after fish are red fish, speckled sea trout and snook. You can fish a jig as you typically would or under a popping cork, which is especially affective for sea trout. Jigs can also be used for tarpon and flounder.

Inshore in the keys is done on the gulf side in Florida bay mostly. Targets mainly would be snook and redfish. I also saw a show where they caught some permit there. I don’t think sea trout are as common down there. If you find some bouys and floating structure, you might find a tripletail to target too.

Not sure why I mentioned offshore with the jig. Typically you won’t use jigs, you will vertically fish live bait.

What part of the keys (which key) are you going too?

If you want better more reliable info than what I can provide, I suggest visiting Floridasportsman.com Browse the keys section and forums.

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

Yea ok, I knew the new bait is New and as of yet to be out.
    What species would you target with these baits both inland and offshore?

I have friends that winter south. I’m invited to head south to fish this winter while they are there at the keys and in the gulf.

Walleyes, Denny!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

When I orginally replied to this thread, I was hoping to find a lure I saw on Facebook, but then didn’t see it again. Well I finally saw it and know what it is called. It looks pretty cool.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.